Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is this still withdrawal

[...]

Hello I have never had a window.  Tapered of 45mg of Diazapan in a year. No improvement for just over 2years on paroxatine and Mirtazapine. Been on may antidepressants over

Thelast 4 years for anxiety.  Is this still withdrawal  or anxiety disorder..thank you.   X

Sounds like you're still stuck in fight or flight. It's still "WD" or rather BIND. It's not your normal anxiety, but drug induced. Are you trying anything to calm your nervous system? It won't be a quick fix, but trying to calm it will help in the long run 

Tha k you yes ..but nothing is working..doctors said its definitely not withdrawal..been like this . over 2 years but getting worse.  Really worried.   Xx

12 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

You are still withdrawing 

No finished tapering over.2.years ago. Getting worse.  Never had a window. I'm doubting it's withdrawal. Tapered of 45mgs  I. A year

.xx

22 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

You are still withdrawing 

No finished tapering 2 years ago. Tapered of 45mgs  of  Diazapan in a year.  Never had a window.  

11 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Understand completely, 43 months here. But you've come off a large dose, and although it's disheartening not to be recovered it can and does happen unfortunately. 

Are you sure there's no improvement? I don't get windows either, but I know I've improved. Obviously I get my moments when I think I haven't, or even I'm getting worse. Was only last week I was saying the same to another buddy I speak to. I'm not trying to discredit your experience, but trying to understand better what you're experiencing. In what way do you think you're getting worse?

Worse fear and anxiety. Also gron burning with anxiety. Also anxiety symptoms the same as anxiety disorder symptoms. Very afraid.  Can't watch TV. When did you start  to.see improvement t. Thank you  x

Hey @[...], just had a quick look at some of your posts to get an idea of your situation. I'm very sorry to see you've lost your dad. That's been my biggest fear though this. My heart goes out to you truly.

So, it looks like the grief and possibly stress etc has been a major factor here. So no, it's probably not just WD. Not in the strict sense anyway. I'm not a doctor, but emotional turmoil of losing your dad, on top of WD is taking its toll IMHO. Do you think that some sort of grief therapy could be beneficial? Also look into how we trap trauma in our bodies. Releasing this trauma can help many people. There's a few things along these lines, Trauma Release Exercises (TRE) and fascial release spring to mind as it's something I've been experimenting with recently and find beneficial 

3 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Hey @[...], just had a quick look at some of your posts to get an idea of your situation. I'm very sorry to see you've lost your dad. That's been my biggest fear though this. My heart goes out to you truly.

So, it looks like the grief and possibly stress etc has been a major factor here. So no, it's probably not just WD. Not in the strict sense anyway. I'm not a doctor, but emotional turmoil of losing your dad, on top of WD is taking its toll IMHO. Do you think that some sort of grief therapy could be beneficial? Also look into how we trap trauma in our bodies. Releasing this trauma can help many people. There's a few things along these lines, Trauma Release Exercises (TRE) and fascial release spring to mind as it's something I've been experimenting with recently and find beneficial 

Thank you so much for replying.  Yes I miss my dad every day.he was. 97. Xx

• Love 1

Hi having a mare where do you go to have facia release I think I've got that problem???? 

Thanks sorry for putting it in the wrong thread ooops 🙏

7 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Hi having a mare where do you go to have facia release I think I've got that problem???? 

Thanks sorry for putting it in the wrong thread ooops 🙏

😁 I've been doing this. Very slowly I might add. I didn't realise how much tension was in my body, and after being out of work for years it's been difficult, but has helped.

I've done a few cranial sacral sessions too, which was what got me started on the body release stuff. But she is only local and does it in her spare room. Doubt you're living in South Wales, UK 

Edited by [Ha...]
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

😁 I've been doing this. Very slowly I might add. I didn't realise how much tension was in my body, and after being out of work for years it's been difficult, but has helped.

I've done a few cranial sacral sessions too, which was what got me started on the body release stuff. But she is only local and does it in her spare room. Doubt you're living in South Wales, UK 

13 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Hi havingamare I was reading abook the other day and it was about the facia that covers the inside of the body and it gets tight..especially if you have trauma... and I'm looking in to cranial sacral work too. Now I don't live in South Wales wish I did I live in South Yorkshire UK 

Thanks let me know how it goes🤔

8 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Hi havingamare I was reading abook the other day and it was about the facia that covers the inside of the body and it gets tight..especially if you have trauma... and I'm looking in to cranial sacral work too. Now I don't live in South Wales wish I did I live in South Yorkshire UK 

I live in South Yorkshire.. x

20 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

I just wrote out a long reply and the bloody phone died FFS...

I started with cranialsacral and was truly amazed. She put her hands on my calf's to "tune in" and then said, wow your nervous system is in severe distress, I've never felt anything like it. Then preceded to do her thing. After about half hour or so she moved to my right shoulder and stayed there. I'm laying there thinking "ok whatever, get on with it". THEN my body starts twitching, my throat starts going mad, I'm coughing, crying and body is going nuts. Complete release from some trauma I was holding in my shoulder. I really don't understand it, but it really does work. Now there's a price to pay for this, at least in my case. The next morning I woke up feeling like I'd be hit by a bus, followed by a pretty intense wave as my body adjusted to the new norm. That lasted about 3 days, after which I felt significantly better. 

I've done 3 cranialsacral sessions, 1st and 3rd being the most beneficial. But I'm away at the moment and not able to get another, which led me to fascial release and TRE. Both of which have helped too

Glad they are helping mare. I had some facia release done years ago she just laid her hands on me then left the room then come back and did another bit if my body she said my jaw was a problem tight etc if I'd have know I would have gone back to her but I had family issues going on and I was sorting my house out after some work men distriyed it and nursing my mum bless  

When I get off these benzos and my agropobia goes will try it again 

So happy it working for you did you sleep well after the session 🤔