Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo depression

[Ke...]

Deep depression, etc. Help!!!

Hi, everyone. I'd appriciate your advice very much. I'm 200 days off benzo, cold turky, took benzo for 10 years. I can't stend the terrible state i'm in any more. I've been  suffering from severe depression for a few months. I also have a great deal of functionals disorders torturing me.  
I was advised to try antidepressants but i'm in doubts and petrified of taking any new pills. Is it common here to help one's whithdrawal with antidepressants?
Please, any advice

Edited by [Ke...]

@[Ke...],

I really never had any issues with depression until I wasput on benzos, but they they did a great job of creating it. Mine improved once off benzos throughout the recovery process. 

We do have some members who have found success it’s antidepressants, I hope they will stop by and share their experiences with these types of medications.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin Owens 

Sorry to hear about your depression benzos can give you depression I'm on sertraline 100mg can't say it's helped much been on it 12months I can understand why you don't want to take any more pills.. I can't wait till I've done my taper then I shall come off them 

They may help but everybody is different maybe talk it out with your gp 

Take care 

🙏🧜‍♀️

• Like 1

I was put on oxazepam and then some other benzo's until I settled on lorazepam. Never had depression like I have now. But it's because of the IW. Very dark, long hours full of head pressure, anxiety and crying. Surely I've been somewhat depressed before. About 10 years ago I had a brief small depression, but it was minute to what the medication did. 

I know this symptom too much, it is my main one, my worst one. But fortunately, it comes and goes. This is how I cope with it. Keeping the faith that it will go sooner or later. And it always does.

Hold on to hope, it will pass. 

• Like 1

Hi @[Ke...],

I am currently tapering Xanax. Sadly, I began this journey by rapidly coming off of it and then having to go back up. When I was in the deep thick of it at the beginning, I had horrific depression. As I’ve stabilized it has greatly improved. Now I’m coming down slowly. I applaud you for being completely off for as long as you have. If I were you, granted I’m not feeling what you’re feeling, but I would try as hard as possible to stay off other meds. Only because I think it’s a real hit or miss. It’s almost like Russian Roulette. An antidepressant may help, or it may exasperate symptoms. Stay strong, stay positive. You will overcome.

• Like 1

I have read many on BB being on A/D’s. She even said a small AD is perfectly acceptable.

If you choose to go this route you might consider starting on a micro-dose and seeing how it affects you. Additionally, many-myself included-have taken a gene test to see what medication is compatible for you.

I hope things look up for you soon!

Hang in there brother.  It gets better but the here and now is hell. I'm 4 years off after 17 yrs use. Don't become a recluse,  often when mingling a almost forgot about my suffering. Make buddies on this site and share.

God bless music60