Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Withdrawal symptoms or tolerance

[me...]

Good morning all. Just want to ask......what does withdrawal feel like .....and what does tolerance feel like 

1....I hurt all over 

2.cant function 

3.Tinnitus got louder 

4.feel really ill 

Thanks🙏

Hi Mermaid, I am so sorry you are feeling bad, I never had tolerance, but I have had wd sx, and it sounds like the latter to me. I am not sure where you are in your taper etc, but I can say that wd is not for the faint of heart as you well know, but the good thing, it will get better in time...oh I know that is hard to hear, but I know how badly I felt and now almost healed, and yes it took time...lots of time. But everyone is different, if you can take a light over the counter pain med for the aches, try not to do too much, and do not feel bad, because you are having hard time functioning. I used a ticking clock against my ears when the Tinnitus got out of control. Try to rest and not overdo anything, it is not your fault, please be kind to yourself. May you feel better soon. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Stay Strong.

💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 2

Thankyou Begood went two days without my clonazapam 1mg shouldn't have this effect surely I'm barely getting out of bed and scared I will loose the mobility I got back after my accident I'm 3wks taper got scale but it's no good so I'm guessing 

Hope you are ok🙏❣️

I think it's probably impossible to determine the difference. Afterall, if tolerance it causing you to have symptoms, that is a form of WD. I mean, when you take a benzo and it isn't having the intended effect and is making you worse, then it can be either one.

6 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Thankyou Begood went two days without my clonazapam 1mg shouldn't have this effect surely I'm barely getting out of bed and scared I will loose the mobility I got back after my accident I'm 3wks taper got scale but it's no good so I'm guessing 

Hope you are ok🙏❣️

I think when I did not take my Valium, I felt really bad, 1mg of your medication is still a pretty strong dose, and doing without could be why you are feeling so badly. I wonder if you pose your question on taper board, you may get some help there to figure out how to get the proper dose. I know it is so hard when we have these hard times, hang in there, it will all be worth it one day. I am doing OK thanks. Stay Strong.🙏🏼 :hug:

• Love 1

Hi Begood yes I've stopped my taper.. but feel so unwell all my muscles are tight my face jaw hurts like hell throat tight it a nighmare 

Take care🙏

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi Begood yes I've stopped my taper.. but feel so unwell all my muscles are tight my face jaw hurts like hell throat tight it a nighmare 

Take care🙏

It will take time for the Brain to adjust to being off of the medication, but the good thing is, our Brain can heal, and it will, but time will be your steady company. Accepting that it will be rough, and that you have made it this far, you can one day feel better. Try to distract as much as you can. Mediation helped me with some of my sx, it relaxed me. Hang in there, and give yourself a pat on the back for how far you have come. Be Kind to yourself always. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1