Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Success stories with tapering to V....

[lo...]

Hi my doctor direct switched me from xan to V in hopes of a cross taper .. but the V is making me feel really sick .. idk of my body has to get use to it? Or idk what's going on ... Can anyone else chime in on them not feeling well on V first few days and then it got better? Please and thank you...

Hello @[lo...] -  I'm sorry your doctor direct switched you from Xanax to Valium.  It would have been more gentle on you CNS to transition you gradually.  It seems likely you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms because Xanax is short acting and it take's time for Valium to build up in your system.  It's also not at all uncommon to experience symptoms when you crossover to Valium and it can take a while to adjust.  Common symptoms are sedation and depression but members usually report that these fade as you adjust to Valium. I hope your system adjusts soon. 

• Like 1