Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Shortness of breath

[Ka...]

Arguing with my family caused me intense waves, and then shortness of breath do not stop. I feel like the stress lead to adrenaline rush. My oxyen level is 98%, so normal again as usual but im scared with the long wave... Do you have experiences of how to alleviate the symptom? thank you.

Hi @[Ka...],

I used to get shortness of breath all the time before I stabilized better. I think it’s just a time thing. Mine went away after probably 4 months of becoming more stable. I would say definitely try to eliminate as much stress as possible. Meditate. I wish I had some better responses here, but I honestly think with adequate time it will pass. Hope you feel better soon!

The stress from the family dynamics is definitely not helping things. I do what MiracleMan suggested when I am stressed......I meditate. I also exercise. Those are my two main go-to coping mechanisms. 

I also think like the miracle man said, you have to try to eliminate as much stress from your life as possible. Much easier said than done I know....

I agree with the other comments about trying to manage stress and meditation.  I had shortness of breath early in withdrawal too.  Anything you can do to relax, avoid stress and discharge anxious energy (eg. moderate exercise) will help in my opinion.  I found very warm baths with Epsom salts and lavender essential oil helpful.  I also agree that time is the most important factor in symptoms like this resolving.  It will ease up with time.

Thank you, everyone. Now I am massaging my body to loosen the extension,  I will try gentle exercise and meditation, too. Thank you. I slept a few hours but it has not subsided. Is it common?

Edited by [Ka...]

@[Ka...],

what helps me with what you describe is going into “manual” belly breathing. At the pace I feel better. Till I forget. Eventually I start again. I like to move muscles so that is a bonus good sensation that makes me feel better. Plus no need for anything else or to concentrate. 
Wish you the best