Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cymbalta

[Ma...]

Can I post this here?

My gene test says no SSRI’s so am considering this monster…

Has anyone had success? Specifically for anxiety?

Also, if I try for, say 5 days, do I risk withdrawals?

Many thanks 🙏 

Nobody can really tell you whether you should try Cymbalta or not as everyone reacts differently to medication.    For what condition would you be taking Cymbalta?   Anxiety?     Years ago, I took imipramine for anxiety and it worked wonders.   It is a tricyclic anti-depressant, not a SSRI.     Of course, I don't know if it would be helpful for your situation, and I don't think doctors like to prescribe it because they feel it is not as safe as a SSRI.  

Hello, @[Ma...]. If you have not already done so, might I encourage you to read the full FDA Drug label for Cymbalta especially the Boxed Warning as well as the “Warnings and Precautions” and “Adverse Reactions” sections (see link below)?  For example, per “Warnings and Precautions”:

5.16 Sexual Dysfunction

Use of SNRIs, including CYMBALTA, may cause symptoms of sexual dysfunction [see Adverse Reactions (6.1)]. In male patients, SNRI use may result in ejaculatory delay or failure, decreased libido, and erectile dysfunction. In female patients, SNRI use may result in decreased libido and delayed or absent orgasm.

You also might want to check out what people who have experience using and tapering this drug have to say about it at SurvivingAntidepressants.org and/or the Cymbalta Hurts Worse Facebook group.

Link:
DailyMed - CYMBALTA- duloxetine hydrochloride capsule, delayed release
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=2f7d4d67-10c1-4bf4-a7f2-c185fbad64ba&audience=consumer#s49a

• Like 1

@[Ma...] … Following up on my previous post about checking with the folks at SurvivingAntidepressants.org (SA). Per SA’s Tips for tapering off duloxetine (Cymbalta):

Duloxetine (Cymbalta) is tricky to taper. It does not come in liquid form and cannot be compounded into a liquid. To protect the drug, each bead, mini-tablet, or flake inside the gelatin capsule has an enteric coating to protect the drug from stomach acid, which would destroy the drug. (It is absorbed further down in the digestive tract.)

The contents of a duloxetine capsule cannot be crushed dissolved in any liquid and taken by mouth without destroying the active ingredient -- you would have immediate cold-turkey withdrawal.

11 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Has anyone had success

Tried to kill my self for five days then thankfully I realized a doctor I’ve never seen before switched me to it during a visit for migraines because it was “same but better” instead of the most common one I was on.

Just my experience you’ll find a lot of different ones…

I react really bad to all of them. But then again they work better than placebo just for 2% of people in every study.

I've tried a lot of AD's when I was in mild WD from my 1st round of benzos. I couldn't tolerate any of them, but this was by far the worst. Think I took it for a couple of weeks and was horrendous both whilst taking it and for a while after stopping. 

We're all different obviously, but I don't think it's very well thought of generally. 

Edited by [Ha...]

I'm on 100mg sertraline I've been on and off it for a couple of years don't like the side effects dry mouth etc can't wait to come off it when I'm off benzos 

🥴🙏