Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pharmacy won’t refill

[Ch...]

My pharmacy will not refill my prescription. They want to verify the quantity with my doctor. This is the weekend and week before Thanksgiving. What am I supposed to do. I am petrified again. Please give me advice. 

Hi @[Ch...]

As memory serves you're a flight attendant correct?

Do you have any medication reserved at home right now?

Let's think this through - the pharmacy will reach out to your Dr. Your Dr. should be able to verify this Monday. Do you have any medication to last you until Monday? Are you leaving for overnight flights/trips before Monday or on Monday? 

This is why I have a limited stockpile of valium for these unusual circumstances.

When will your prescribing doc be available again?

When will you be completely out of K?

Hi Chantal,

I would advise you go back to the pharmacy and talk with them more in depth, sort of tell them your situation. Not sure why they would need to verify the quantity if your doctor sent you a script. Otherwise, since he sent it in, you should be able to get the limited supply for the time being if needed.

Hope this helps!!!

Hello @[Ch...].

It sounds like the pharmacy filled your prescription with clonazepam manufactured by Advagen Pharma Ltd/Rubicon Research Private Limited.  Per the ‘How Supplied’ section of its FDA Drug Label:

Clonazepam Tablets USP, 1 mg are mottled blue, round, flat-faced, beveled edge tablet, debossed with Λ 67 on one side and plain on the other side.

Just checking …

Are you still using the ‘shave and weigh’ technique?  If so, have you determined the weight of the new tablets and recalculated your dose weight (if necessary)?  The Advagen tablets will contain 1mg of clonazepam just like the ones from your previous manufacturer; however, the total tablet weight may be different.