Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Practical help with math

[Pa...]

Hello Is it correct to do the following if I wish to reduce my daily dose by 10%? I use 100ml of water to dissolve 2 mg of Lor. I just discard 10 milliliters per day the first month, 20 milliliters the second, and so on I could also discard by adding 2.5 milliliters per day.

Hello @[Pa...] - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I'm sure another member with experience with liquid tapering will come along and comment.  In the meantime, we're glad you found us.  I also want to mention that we typically suggest you taper with cuts based on your most recent dose.  So  in your case you would be making a 10% cut of your most recent dose as opposed to making monthly 10% cuts based on your original dose.  

Welcome,

Brighterday

Hi, @[Pa...].  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  We are glad you've found us!

The best approach is a patient-led, symptom-based taper - letting your body inform you of what it can handle.  With that said, suggested deprescribing guidelines for 'long-term' users fall in the range of 5-10% reductions every 2-4 weeks.  You may consider making smaller cuts more frequently (e.g., 5% and hold for 2 weeks vs. 10% and hold for one month) and re-evaluate from there.

For practical help with your math, your first stage is correct if your desire is to taper 10% exponentially - removing 10mL from your 100mL suspension (agitate well before discard and ingestion) and ingesting the remaining 90mL everyday.  However, you must then remove 10% from 90mL for stage 2 if you wish to continue to taper 10% from your most recent dose.  90mL x .9 = 81mL.  So stage 2 would be to ingest 81mL daily of your suspension.  Stage 3 would be to ingest 73mL and so on...

Please do let us know if you have further questions or need additional support - others will chime in with their experiences and feedback. 

17 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[Pa...] - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I'm sure another member with experience with liquid tapering will come along and comment.  In the meantime, we're glad you found us.  I also want to mention that we typically suggest you taper with cuts based on your most recent dose.  So  in your case you would be making a 10% cut of your most recent dose as opposed to making monthly 10% cuts based on your original dose.  

Welcome,

Brighterday

Thank you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Hi, @[Pa...].  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  We are glad you've found us!

The best approach is a patient-led, symptom-based taper - letting your body inform you of what it can handle.  With that said, suggested deprescribing guidelines for 'long-term' users fall in the range of 5-10% reductions every 2-4 weeks.  You may consider making smaller cuts more frequently (e.g., 5% and hold for 2 weeks vs. 10% and hold for one month) and re-evaluate from there.

For practical help with your math, your first stage is correct if your desire is to taper 10% exponentially - removing 10mL from your 100mL suspension (agitate well before discard and ingestion) and ingesting the remaining 90mL everyday.  However, you must then remove 10% from 90mL for stage 2 if you wish to continue to taper 10% from your most recent dose.  90mL x .9 = 81mL.  So stage 2 would be to ingest 81mL daily of your suspension.  Stage 3 would be to ingest 73mL and so on...

Please do let us know if you have further questions or need additional support - others will chime in with their experiences and feedback. 

Thank you. I got it. 

• Like 1