Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Here for help and assistance

[fl...]

Hello all

Just signed up, been using benzos sporadically for 3-4 years, was fine at first, lorazepam first for flying, then Xanax for flying, the oxazepam for panic attacks while going onto AD. The last year and a bit I've been buying Xanax online, still used it sporadically until the last 6-8 months. Ended up on 2mg bars at night mainly to put me out, gonna start tapering as I've noticed some side affects when getting close to bed time! I'm a day and night shift worker so I'm trying to understand the Ashton tapering technique and how when I change between shifts will work. Any comments welcome, good and bad! 

Hello @[fl...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Yes, problems can and do arise from daily and extended use. What you are experiencing shorty before your next dose are 'interdose withdrawal' effects rather than side effects. The chances it will get worse over time.

Working shifts does not help of course. How often does your shift change? And what shifts do you work - two or or three different shifts?

Hi @[fl...] and welcome.

10 hours ago, [[f...] said:

Any comments welcome

From an (ex, I had to give up) shift workers to another, as you already know, please add an extra layer of care if you have to drive or perform something that might be dangerous for you or others. 
I wish you all the best :)

6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[fl...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Yes, problems can and do arise from daily and extended use. What you are experiencing shorty before your next dose are 'interdose withdrawal' effects rather than side effects. The chances it will get worse over time.

Working shifts does not help of course. How often does your shift change? And what shifts do you work - two or or three different shifts?

Thanks Colin 

I work 12.5 hr days and nights. 3 days then 3 nights then have 6 days off.

2 hours ago, [[I...] said:

Hi @[fl...] and welcome.

From an (ex, I had to give up) shift workers to another, as you already know, please add an extra layer of care if you have to drive or perform something that might be dangerous for you or others. 
I wish you all the best :)

Thanks, I've taken some time off to start adjusting my life and getting on the path to back to normal, I'll reassess when it's time to go back. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Thanks Colin 

I work 12.5 hr days and nights. 3 days then 3 nights then have 6 days off.

How much of a gap is there between your three days and the start of your three nights?

12 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

How much of a gap is there between your three days and the start of your three nights?

12 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

About 24hrs, 7pm finish then 630pm start the next day. With my taper depending on how I feel I was considering skipping the morning and lunchtime and turn the routine to the nights, but I'm guess that might be to big of a gap and make me pretty edgy 

18 hours ago, [[f...] said:

About 24hrs, 7pm finish then 630pm start the next day. With my taper depending on how I feel I was considering skipping the morning and lunchtime and turn the routine to the nights, but I'm guess that might be to big of a gap and make me pretty edgy 

Sorry. I don't follow. How many hours between the end one shift and the start of the changed shirt hours?

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Sorry. I don't follow. How many hours between the end one shift and the start of the changed shirt hours?

So say my last day shift is Monday, I finish at 7pm then on Tuesday night at 630pm my night shifts start. It's just shy of 24hrs.

42 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

So say my last day shift is Monday, I finish at 7pm then on Tuesday night at 630pm my night shifts start. It's just shy of 24hrs.

I see. Sorry, I was bit slow on the uptake - you were clear enough first time round.

And how many hours/days do you have off between the end of your last night shift and the start of your first day shift?

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

I see. Sorry, I was bit slow on the uptake - you were clear enough first time round.

And how many hours/days do you have off between the end of your last night shift and the start of your first day shift?

6 days

Thanks @[fl...]

It is well into the evening for me and I am tired. I will respond tomorrow when I am more refreshed. But a lot of this comes down to experimentation. So whatever suggestions I might offer, they will be less than certain. But your body will usually let you know what you need to do. So try not to worry about this.

Good night.

• Like 1