Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Movement

[Te...]

Hi @[Te...] How are you feeling today?

Yes. This is a symptom I've had. I'm three months off now - and no longer have this symptom, however when I was tapering off not one, but TWO benzos concurrently, I had this symptom. It was ODD. 

I have gone on many cruises - small ships large ships - lots of ships. I know the feeling of rocking around and swaying. It feels like being on a boat. I know the feeling - and yes, very consistent with Benzo WD. It's 'normal' in the sense that this is a symptom of benzo WD. I did vertigo exercises and that seemed to help. Also - no sugar or caffeine - also helped. 

Let me know if you have other specific questions. Hang in there.

• 2 months later...

That's a good deal now how do you heal.I would like to know the knowledge.Do you stay in your house for a year as you taper.Do you not have a life for three years.Is there anyone that tapered in six months and was done and happy after 30 years on benzos.

I would love to hear someone's journey on how they tapered and fully recovered.No negative vibes please I'm new and I just want to hear positive recovery and how you did it.It don't matter if it took a year to taper off is there anyone the feels great about there recovery.

Oh yes Teddy I experience this. It was finally getting better and is back now since covid but much worse than before 

No Mam I'm not home bound.I drove 15 hours to home for my daughters birthday.I have not started to tapper yet.Matter of fact i went back to my same dose.My wife was in the hospital yesterday i sat there for 6hrs with here.She has pkd stage 3 kidney..heart problems and diabetes.She had a bad UTI I'm taking care of her right now at home so no I'm not home bound.

• Like 1

Thanks so much..NS Yes I don't know your age I'm 66 and been on benzos for over thirty years.I have had a rough life like some.I was a drug addict and re-covering alcoholic.Got married at 17 those were the worst years.Stayed with her till I was 40.Then got married again at 43 to my wife now.I got sober in 1989 then relapsed about when i got divorced at age 40.I was taking Xanax then they switch me over to 20 mg of valium about age 46...you didnt upset me at all....Have a great day 😊

• Like 1