Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Long Hold Taper Strategy Discussion

[in...]

[da...]

@[in...]
Thanks for the post. It is really informative and reassuring. I am currently in a turbulence because I am tapering too fast. I wait for 5 weeks and my body seems not going to stabilize. Your posts comforts me a bit.

May I ask how is you going recently?

[Ha...]

I've done long holds, longer than most I've read in this forum. I started tapering off 3 mg of Ativan in April 2022 and I am now almost completely off of them at a quarter of an 0.5 tablet or less. I did my first cut at 1/2 milligram (too much) but had no choice but to go with my doctor's plan. I held for one month then did another 1/2 cut. Held for another month and did 1/2 cut which was too much for my body. My psych was understanding and let me stay holding for 2 months -3 months or when I FELT that MY BODY was STABLE enough to do another cut. I think this saved me from really bad protracted symptoms. I just listened to my body when I felt stable. Regarding your symptoms at the 0.5 cut - I had my worst W/D symptoms at the 0.5 cut for some odd reason. The lower I got the harder it got. I think I may be a lucky one who has been through the worst of W/D at my 0.5 cut which was last October and I have felt like hell for the past 6 months, BUT starting to turn a corner! Starting to sleep better, the bad smells are lessening, tinnitus is not as bad, intrusive thoughts are not as rampid, on and on. In other words, I feel I am healing and you will too. This is coming from someone who was on Ativan for FORTY years. Best to you!

Edited by [Ha...]
  • Like 1