Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need advice

[Pa...]

I’ve just discovered this page and have a pretty short history with diazepam where I’ve been taking 10 mg , three times a week just to sleep for the last month or so .

I’ve also used it for panic attacks very infrequently over the last 6 months . 

Can someone advise me if I’m ok at this level or if I should stop before running into issues ?

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!   Glad you are here.   The risk of continuing to take diazepam is you might begin to develop a physical dependency if you haven't already.    You might also start having interdose withdrawal, which means you would have to take it more frequently.    Of course, no one can tell you what you need to do, but I would talk to your doctor and then make a decision.   

Thanks for the reply. How would i tell if i am having interdose withdrawal? I've not noticed anything when i've gone a week or so without any? Also i haven't got the diazepam from my doctor as had to source it elsewhere so not sure how that chat would go !

Hi @[Pa...], and welcome. You have good questions and this is a great place to learn and weight possible answers!

To weigh your decisions I would learn about tolerance and paradoxical effects also. Not in a hurry nor with anxiety, just to feel more secure, informed and prepared.

9 hours ago, [[P...] said:

not sure how that chat would go

Many (on both sides) tend to forget that doctors are here to help not to judge or worse, I wish you to have or find a doctor that knows it ;) 

My experience with diazepam used "as required" is that it creeps up on you to the point where you never suspect it and then bam! you suddenly realise it was the drug all along.

21 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I’ve just discovered this page and have a pretty short history with diazepam where I’ve been taking 10 mg , three times a week just to sleep for the last month or so .

I’ve also used it for panic attacks very infrequently over the last 6 months . 

Can someone advise me if I’m ok at this level or if I should stop before running into issues ?

Hello @[Pa...] - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It's possible you've developed dependency.  I think you're wise to suspect that you can get yourself into deeper trouble with benzos the longer you stay on them.  It's surprising how quickly people can develop dependency.  Of course it is your decision. We can help you plan a taper off diazepam if you would like.

Have you ever started and topped a benzo previously?

Please let us know how we can help you.

Brighterday