Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

At 0.075 Xanax - jump or taper

[fa...]

[fa...]

I’m at day 5 of this dosage and 4.5 months into the taper overall and currently in a bad wave, should I jump at the next window or taper down to 0.025? I’m worried with how short acting Xanax is I could be screwing myself by tapering lower. Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Guest
Spelling

It depends. If you're dividing 0.075mg in 3 doses and are planning on tapering down to 0.025mg by eliminating one dose at a time, that would be a bad idea because of the short half life. However, if you're able to divide such tiny amounts in at least 2 doses, I'd definitely taper down to 0.02-0.03mg. Jumping from 0.075mg has the same effect on the brain as going from 0.5mg to 0.375mg. Check this out: https://benzobuddies.org/topic/273486-hyperbolic-tapering/

[fa...]

Yeah right now I’m dividing it into 3 0.025mg doses - my exact plan was to eliminate 1 dose at a time haha, shit. Not sure what you mean by dividing the amounts into two doses? Like consolidating 0.075 into 2 doses instead of 3 and reducing from there?Not sure how to proceed….

On 15/11/2023 at 22:06, [[s...] said:

Are you saying to take some from each of the doses instead of eliminating one at a time? Apologies for not understanding. 

Exactly! You might also be able to get away with eliminating the middle dose and dosing only twice daily. What I'm getting at is I think that it's better to jump from a bit higher than dosing only once daily with short acting benzos. However, if you're able to taper further without resorting to once daily dosage that would be best. For example, if you can make each dose 0.01mg, you could jump from a total of 0.03mg.

Edited by [ou...]