Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dr Ashton's Manual Supplement question

[ap...]

I just reread Dr Ashton's Manual and tge supplement. Can someone clear this up for me, the supplement says the great majority recover, but there seems to be a question mark about if all do. It has sent me into a panic, please help.

I think with all diseases and conditions there are outliers and this is no different. Most recover, some fully, some mostly, some partially, and maybe some not much but you then have to ask yourself if there is genetic or preexisting stuff at play also with some. Most recover from the flu but some don’t. I mean I think it goes that way for a lot of things. But I think we operate as though we will heal because most do. But nobody can tell you how you will go because they are not you. I hate the lack of certainty but nobody can tell you how you will heal because no matter what they say they are not you. But expect to heal because most do. 

• Like 1

What is tge supplement?

Unless you believe the drug can or has done permanent damage to the brain in some ppl, logic says when you stop taking the drug, after going through w/d, you should eventually return to a state you were in naturally before the drug was introduced after all traces of the drug have been eliminated from the body.

I think you can recover from benzo w/d but benzo recovery does not mean that the pre-existing condition you took the drug to treat will also be gone. Some ppl find after going through benzo w/d that their panic and anxiety are no longer there but in others, the preexisting medical condition that was being masked by benzos will return and you will have to find non-drug ways to cope.