Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Metronidazole gel

[Pi...]

I have BV really bad and was nurse practitioner wanted to put me on the metronidazole pills but I got scared and requested the gel instead. I took my first dose last night and I'M REVD TO HELL!!! Has this happened to anyone else and what else can I try? I have to stop taking this. I can't handle it. And when does this go away?? 😭

I took four days of oral flagyl (same drug) 4 days ago and it threw me into insane revved up psychosis and basically a cold turkey WD state that lasted for 6 months and I didn't get back to baseline for a year. It almost killed me and was the worst thing I've ever been through. I went inpatient for the first time at a psych hospital and it actually landed me on benzos full time for the first time as I had only been an intermittent user before. That drug is bad news for some people's CNS. Especially those on benzos. Read the reviews online. Scary stuff. I'm not gonna tell you what to do with the drug, but if you are feeling this and are on benzos I'd tell your doctor ASAP as this has gone really bad for some, even with the gel based on my research and reading reviews. Educate yourself.

Yes this happened to me too with the gel. I then tried clindamycin cream and that revved me badly too. Tried all sorts of natural things and teatree and coconut oil on a tampon for a while did the trick eventually. 

• 2 months later...

I am so sorry. All antibiotics f me up. I ride out all infections without antibiotics :/ Just some natural remedies. I know that when something is very bad one has to take something but I promised myself that I will only take them if it’s life or death because I am so bad. So far I declined antibiotics when my c-section wound was infected and for 2 UTIs. The wound took 6 weeks to heal with silver packing every other day. 

Edited by [Wi...]

@[Pi...] I don't have a suggestion for an alternative treatment. Sorry. But I just wanted to tell you that Flagyl makes me so nauseous I puke. I didn't know this before I took it, but after the first dose . . .oh brother. Apparently it has very bad effects on many here. I'm so sorry you had to suffer. I hope others chime in with suggestions. 

Edited by [or...]