Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Milan Pharmaceutical shutdown for Flurazepam

[Gr...]

Did anyone go through withdrawals with Flurazepam when Milan Pharmaceuticals was shut down by the FDA because of contamination. I didn’t know anything about what was going on. I went to get my refills for Flurazepam and the pharmacy kept saying it was back ordered. And that went on for several weeks and I didn’t know what to do. Milan was the only company that made Flurazepam or I would have went to other company. Unfortunately I went into a severe withdrawal. Major depression, anxiety , felt like I had no control of my emotions , severe muscle spasms , I was in hell and couldn’t do anything about it. I went to my doctor and he said so you fried your brains. Which I thought was unprofessional and made me feel even worse. He gave me anxiety medication and depression medication which the side effects were unbearable. At two years of seeing my doctor he wrote me a letter saying I wouldn’t heal anymore. I fired him and went to a a psychiatrist who does TMS. I had more support from his staff but the treatments were not working. I figured I had so much brain injury (lack of neurotransmitters) and other cell damage that TMS wasn’t going to work for me. I was healing a little bit each year. I am in my fourth year now and I feel much better than I did in the beginning. I’m back on TMS again and find it’s working better for me because I let my brain heal more and produce more cells. I’m still not there yet and I just turned 70 years old . What a way to spent your golden years. I don’t know win I will fully recover. Just seeing if anyone else went through withdrawals with Flurazepam or Dalmane . I work with a med nurse and she helps a lot keeping my spirits up. I’ve had a couple sessions with Dr. Jen that’s on you tube. It took her 8 years to recover and she thought I might not take as long. She says everyone heals know matter how bad there withdrawal was.

Hello @[Gr...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

What dose of Flurazepam were you taking before your were forced into withdrawal? I am surprised that your were not prescribed another benzodiazepine when Flurazepam became unavailable. You shouldnot be forced into a cold turkey withdrawal. Are you taking another benzodiazepine now?

Hello@[Gr...], by TMS I assume you mean Tension Myosotis Syndrome or mind/body tension as taught originally by Dr John Sarno, or do you mean something else? I spend a lot of time looking at TMS as I think its good to cover all bases.  

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hello@[Gr...], by TMS I assume you mean Tension Myosotis Syndrome or mind/body tension as taught originally by Dr John Sarno, or do you mean something else? I spend a lot of time looking at TMS as I think its good to cover all bases.  

I am not certain, but I believe @[Gr...] is referring to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_magnetic_stimulation#Depression

2 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Ah yes probably more likely than my interpretation, feel a bit stupid now!

Nah. I wasn't sure either - I too had to look it up.

12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[Gr...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

What dose of Flurazepam were you taking before your were forced into withdrawal? I am surprised that your were not prescribed another benzodiazepine when Flurazepam became unavailable. You shouldnot be forced into a cold turkey withdrawal. Are you taking another benzodiazepine now?

I was taking 15mg when needed for sleep . It was partially my fault for depending on my Pharmacist as he was promising it would come soon. So I ask my doctor what I could take and he prescribed me Temazepam and it didn’t seem to be working for me after taking it 3 days that evening I went into a withdrawal. I’m in my 4th year and have come along ways. Because I’m still having some anxiety I take a low dose of Clonazepam which me and my med nurse are going to do a slow ween. Thanks for your question.

17 hours ago, [[G...] said:

It stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. It gets the blood moving faster like for your Neurotransmitter’s for anxiety and depression. Thanks for your question

13 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Ah yes probably more likely than my interpretation, feel a bit stupid now!

Yes it stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation 

I, like you, was on 15mg Dalmane for insomnia for over 20 years.  When it was withdrawn from the market I was switched by my doctor to Temazepan.  This I took for six weeks.  I could not cope with what I was going through and I asked my doctor for a letter to a facility.  I went there mid June this year.  I was put on 5mg of diazepam tapering down every two week by 1mg.  I stayed there for 4 weeks, I have health insurance. I came home on 3mg diazepam and 5mg Melatonin. I finished my taper mid September.  I am 7 weeks in withdrawal now and unfortunately I have a mild dose of shingles.  I thought the neck and shoulder pain was another withdrawal until the rash appeared. I’m taking Zovirax Anti Viral tablets for the shingles.  All I can say is that I am miserable.  I am also in my early seventies.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 01:11, [[G...] said:

Did anyone go through withdrawals with Flurazepam when Milan Pharmaceuticals was shut down by the FDA because of contamination. I didn’t know anything about what was going on. I went to get my refills for Flurazepam and the pharmacy kept saying it was back ordered. And that went on for several weeks and I didn’t know what to do. Milan was the only company that made Flurazepam or I would have went to other company. Unfortunately I went into a severe withdrawal. Major depression, anxiety , felt like I had no control of my emotions , severe muscle spasms , I was in hell and couldn’t do anything about it. I went to my doctor and he said so you fried your brains. Which I thought was unprofessional and made me feel even worse. He gave me anxiety medication and depression medication which the side effects were unbearable. At two years of seeing my doctor he wrote me a letter saying I wouldn’t heal anymore. I fired him and went to a a psychiatrist who does TMS. I had more support from his staff but the treatments were not working. I figured I had so much brain injury (lack of neurotransmitters) and other cell damage that TMS wasn’t going to work for me. I was healing a little bit each year. I am in my fourth year now and I feel much better than I did in the beginning. I’m back on TMS again and find it’s working better for me because I let my brain heal more and produce more cells. I’m still not there yet and I just turned 70 years old . What a way to spent your golden years. I don’t know win I will fully recover. Just seeing if anyone else went through withdrawals with Flurazepam or Dalmane . I work with a med nurse and she helps a lot keeping my spirits up. I’ve had a couple sessions with Dr. Jen that’s on you tube. It took her 8 years to recover and she thought I might not take as long. She says everyone heals know matter how bad there withdrawal was.

@[Gr...], in 2019, I went through a horrific withdrawal from Flurazepam because Mylan stopped producing it. I reinstated in January 2020 and started my taper in May 2022. The abrupt withdrawal in 2019 was the most painful experience I’ve ever been through. I couldn’t eat or sleep. I completed my taper from Flurazepam in July 2023. I’m still struggling with sleep but the majority of symptoms are gone.