Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

3 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Hi nevercantell, my pain is moving around a lot. Never knowing where it pops up next 🥴At the moment it’s more the nerves pain. Two days ago I could not touch my right middle finger and my forearm. The skin was burning like fire. The finger is completely fine and the arm better. And yes also my feet and shinbone were on fire last night. Today it’s more my right upper arm squeezing, pulling and I get this awful sharp shooting pain…. so we really can never tell. Just hope tomorrow will be better again and one day …… 🤩

let’s keep hoping 🍀

I`m so sorry shamrock, nerve pain is the worst.  I`m the same and never knows where the pain`s gonna appear next.  Thanks so much for posting, tomorrow may just be a fantastic pain free window.  

Let`s keep going forward together 

• Like 1

Hi every one sorry you are suffering. I'm havin ABI of what you are coping with......the jerky shaky moments it was like I couldn't stop restlessness agitated.my BP gone up  I feel unreal I couldn't talk slurring feel like I've had a workout my house is so untidy now....my routine out the window and my torso and r.hip are really sore I keep moving things put them down then forget why I made a sandwich put it down for a moment couldn't find it then when I went to bed it was there 🥴 it's my stomach I can't cope with I look pregnant I'm not eating much and the extra weight or whatever it is won't shift feel very bloated hpe everyone is coping health to everyone bless🙏

• Love 1

Just now, [[m...] said:

Hi every one sorry you are suffering. I'm havin ABI of what you are coping with......the jerky shaky moments it was like I couldn't stop restlessness agitated.my BP gone up  I feel unreal I couldn't talk slurring feel like I've had a workout my house is so untidy now....my routine out the window and my torso and r.hip are really sore I keep moving things put them down then forget why I made a sandwich put it down for a moment couldn't find it then when I went to bed it was there 🥴 it's my stomach I can't cope with I look pregnant I'm not eating much and the extra weight or whatever it is won't shift feel very bloated hpe everyone is coping health to everyone bless🙏

This msg doesn't make sense sorry my Ming is racing I thought I typed it in a better way 🥴🥴 had a cat scan yesterday at least it's normal pity they can't check out our CNS.  🙏

7 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I do have some known osteoporosis in C5-6 but doc says it’s to be watched.  It could be the culprit.  What do folks do with this stiff neck?  Ibuprofen, heat, cold, massage, PT, etc?   Surely this goes away at some point?  Can’t last forever ugh 😑 

Sure, initially, we can have some healthy issues and most of them tend to get worse during WD. But all the kinds of muscle, nerve, etc pain we go through now are common at WD too.

And yes, the pain must go away but it takes time. Different time for different people.

For ex, my lower back pain tormented me from the 4th month of tapering till i was 3 mnth off; neck stiffness/ pain - 1 st m of taper - 8th m benzo free, etc... I still have some of the issues. They come and go and yet i'm much better.

I have no idea how to ease the pain. Whatever i do - nothing helps much but time. I think there are people here who will be more helpful in this issue than me. And it's not necessary you are going to develop all the pain) good luck.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I do have some known osteoporosis in C5-6 but doc says it’s to be watched.  It could be the culprit.  What do folks do with this stiff neck?  Ibuprofen, heat, cold, massage, PT, etc?   Surely this goes away at some point?  Can’t last forever ugh 😑 

It could be your osteoporosis Khun, but if it started after tapering or after being off these drugs then it can certainly be a WD symptom.  Any of those things you mentioned can help but time is the answer. If it`s WD it will go away.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

It could be your osteoporosis Khun, but if it started after tapering or after being off these drugs then it can certainly be a WD symptom.  Any of those things you mentioned can help but time is the answer. If it`s WD it will go away.

Thanks for info and support.  The stiffness began 11/4......Seemed like a bad nights sleep.  That said, the Taper began about one month earlier.  I had cut around 50% I think by that time - and made good progress in crossing from Xanax to Valium...wonder if Valium cross may have contributed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [[n...] said:

I`m so sorry shamrock, nerve pain is the worst.  I`m the same and never knows where the pain`s gonna appear next.  Thanks so much for posting, tomorrow may just be a fantastic pain free window.  

Let`s keep going forward together 

Nevercantell, thank you so much for your sympathy ❣️It is just what I need at the moment. Next to the intense pain the anxiety came back last night 🥺as many times before it will pass. It must be a sign of healing…. hard to believe but I try to think and believe what parker wrote in her blog. The brain is doing his work at the amygdala right at this moment… and it will succeed one day. 🙏

Big hug 🍀

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Thanks for info and support.  The stiffness began 11/4......Seemed like a bad nights sleep.  That said, the Taper began about one month earlier.  I had cut around 50% I think by that time - and made good progress in crossing from Xanax to Valium...wonder if Valium cross may have contributed.

You know i swapped my original highly potent benzo for medazepam for tapering. (it's similar to valium) And two weeks later the muscle ordeal began. And a year before i'd tried to cut my benzo in half at once. Two weeks later i was a sweating dizzy mess but my muscles were ok) So i think your valium cross has contributed.

:)

interesting....thanks for the context.  my Psych wanted to switch me to clonazepam but i wanted to follow Ashton recommendation.  Saw too many folks here trying to kick clonazepam.  I really want to accelerate taper now, currently at 4 mg for 7 days now.  Seems like cant get worse--I know I should/ need to follow recommendations from all the experienced folks here.    I have had only the stiff neck and Tinnitus symptoms, zero rebound anxiety etc.    But then again I never really had anxiety - was using for sleep etc....was not prescribed.  Only had the anxiety when I stopped CT and had no idea why I was having the weird anxious feelings until the proverbial light bulb went off :(

Edited by [Kh...]

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

:)

interesting....thanks for the context.  my Psych wanted to switch me to clonazepam but i wanted to follow Ashton recommendation.  Saw too many folks here trying to kick clonazepam.  I really want to accelerate taper now, currently at 4 mg for 7 days now.  Seems like cant get worse--I know I should/ need to follow recommendations from all the experienced folks here.    I have had only the stiff neck and Tinnitus symptoms, zero rebound anxiety etc.    But then again I never really had anxiety - was using for sleep etc....was not prescribed.  Only had the anxiety when I stopped CT and had no idea why I was having the weird anxious feelings until the proverbial light bulb went off :(

@[Kh...]   It can get worse, I`m sorry to be the bearer of that awful news but the best way to avoid that happening is to not accelerate your taper too much.   It`s a delicate business of not going too slow and not too quickly.    Good luck 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

@[Kh...]   It can get worse, I`m sorry to be the bearer of that awful news but the best way to avoid that happening is to not accelerate your taper too much.   It`s a delicate business of not going too slow and not too quickly.    Good luck 

understand thanks...Prof Ashton says 1 mg per 1-2 weeks is doable...wondering if that is really the case?  Being down to 4 mg but tinnitus and neck hampering me :( in taking next leg down.  like to go to 3 mg but seems like 3.5 is a better number

9 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

seems like the last few mg are the hardest

53 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

understand thanks...Prof Ashton says 1 mg per 1-2 weeks is doable...wondering if that is really the case?  Being down to 4 mg but tinnitus and neck hampering me :( in taking next leg down.  like to go to 3 mg but seems like 3.5 is a better number

It's very individual, so ,i think, take into account what experienced folk say but don't forget to listen to your body and don't be in too much hurry. Your ns needs time to adapt)

10 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[...]  understand, thank you ...my history shows my current pace.  So far so good.  Seems like we will never completely avoid some discomfort.

I'd like to think you are mistaken here. Let's believe in the better) We shall see...

• Like 1

How are you all today?  

My update- the neck stiffness is better again, it comes and goes now instead of constant.  Side pain, in my hip area but that`s likely to move to somewhere else as the day progresses.   It`s a prickling pain today, IDK if that sensation is common ----anyone?

I had a burning in my legs and feet after I jumped, no sign of that for a while now.  So healing IS happening, that alone is concrete proof.    

But I`m dizzy today, I`ve been holding onto the worktop in the kitchen as I feel very woozy. I didn`t have this yesterday ......I`m hoping it doesn`t last too long.

Would love to hear all your updates, it helps to not feel so alone, don`t you think? 

Onward friends 

• Like 1

Hello nevercantell, yes symptoms coming and going is a healing sign. The brain is simply making corrections. It is trying to get the right balance and it will! 🙏

Yes prickling pain I can relate. Also very random. 

I felt dizzy for the last few days. Also here coming and going. It very much depends on the sleep. Last night twice one hour… so you can imagine 🥴

I hope we will feel better later on today 🍀:therethere:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Hello nevercantell, yes symptoms coming and going is a healing sign. The brain is simply making corrections. It is trying to get the right balance and it will! 🙏

I felt dizzy for the last few days. Also here coming and going. It very much depends on the sleep. Last night twice one hour… so you can imagine 🥴

Thanks so much for your reply @[sh...].   

I think you`re right, our brains are constantly trying to get us back to normal,  sorry you had dizziness too, it`s quite disabling while trying to cope with everyday stuff.

I can feel better after lunchtime, the pain never goes but the other minor sxs often vanish.  The prickling sensation is weird .....hopefully we`ll feel much better later my friend.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

How are you all today?  

My update- the neck stiffness is better again, it comes and goes now instead of constant.  Side pain, in my hip area but that`s likely to move to somewhere else as the day progresses.   It`s a prickling pain today, IDK if that sensation is common ----anyone?

I had a burning in my legs and feet after I jumped, no sign of that for a while now.  So healing IS happening, that alone is concrete proof.    

But I`m dizzy today, I`ve been holding onto the worktop in the kitchen as I feel very woozy. I didn`t have this yesterday ......I`m hoping it doesn`t last too long.

Would love to hear all your updates, it helps to not feel so alone, don`t you think? 

Onward friends 

Yes, @[ne...], it helps a lot if one can share their misery and joy on getting better with those who understand and share in they turn. 

Oh, i can relate to your dizziness( l'm so sorry! Be careful. Hope it'll soon vanish.

My update is: I have muscle strain behind the ears and at the cheekbones. It helps if i stretch the muscles (turn my head at unthinkable angles, open the mouth)) - think it looks funny... My back and shoulders burn from time to time and...ehmm... my buttocks are burning too. My legs and feet behave oddly. They buzz and burn etc but it doesn't bother me much. And in the evening or if i'm nervous or tired, a kind of transformer/ engin switches on in there. Dizziness comes and goes, especially when i'm outside in the open.

But! In the whole i feel better. There's been a kind of quality leap in my condition lately. Hope it'll stay)

Believe or not, we are going to recover) we are recovering right at the moment...

Edited by [...]

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

@[sh...], i like the way you explain what our brain does to heal. Thank you.

Oh yes, sleep is a great concern to us all. Someone said we heal better while we sleep. Idk whether it's true but wish you good night sleep and wait for your uplifting  pictures)

• Like 1