Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

Hi Nevercantell, I have the squeezing in my arms. I could only sleep 1.5 hours because of horrific sharp shooting pain in my hand showing up every 10-30 seconds 😓 hope that’s a sign of a nerve waking up and trying to find its place… 

keep healing 🍀:smitten:

That`s a good way of looking at it shamrock, the nerve waking up.   Thanks for replying 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Thanks again Kate, the stiffness in my neck doesn`t bother me as much as the squeezing. You have described it perfectly again, I can relate to the stones.   Shamrock thinks it`s nerves waking up- hope so.   Are there receptors in our muscles that need upregulating or is this the different areas needing to relax again? Anyone know?  

The neck stiffness can go away by lunchtime some days, the rest of the pains are constant.  

Please Shamrock and Kate keep posting, we`re doing this together.

Yes again, @[ne...]) Sure it's a good thing to keep in touch and share "data" on our condition.

I think @[sh...]s right about nerves waking up. And as far as i understand the benzo receptors that are to be restored sit in our brain and the brain regulated by the receptors is in charge of muscle relaxation throughout the body. It all accounts to our nervous system. I may be mistaken though...

I do hope you'll leave behind your pain one day and for all!

• Like 2

Hey, this might seem like random question but, does anybody get the sensation that feels like sand underneath skin before your muscles stiffen up?

2 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hey, this might seem like random question but, does anybody get the sensation that feels like sand underneath skin before your muscles stiffen up?

I get all sorts of sensations that I can’t even describe.  I wouldn’t overthink it. It’s very likely benzo related. 

• Like 1

I’m 14 months off and the muscle pain, rigidity, and tension are my worst enemy along with fatigue/exhaustion.  It fluctuates in intensity but is absolutely chronic.  I can’t exercise because of this.  Even just walking around the block will cause everything to tense up.  Things will eventually relax a little but I have to be very careful with how much I move around.  The tension is mostly in my torso and in my head, with a little in my legs at time.  

The weird thing is this has been steadily getting worse since I jumped. I’m totally going backwards.  I’ve seen three different neurologists and nothing.  

For those who have seen improvement, when did that happen for you?  I was on Klonopin for 20 years, CT’d, kindled, reinstated, all the above. 

• Sad 1

On 05/12/2023 at 18:49, [[d...] said:

I’m 14 months off and the muscle pain, rigidity, and tension are my worst enemy along with fatigue/exhaustion.  It fluctuates in intensity but is absolutely chronic.  I can’t exercise because of this.  Even just walking around the block will cause everything to tense up.  Things will eventually relax a little but I have to be very careful with how much I move around.  The tension is mostly in my torso and in my head, with a little in my legs at time.  

The weird thing is this has been steadily getting worse since I jumped. I’m totally going backwards.  I’ve seen three different neurologists and nothing.  

For those who have seen improvement, when did that happen for you?  I was on Klonopin for 20 years, CT’d, kindled, reinstated, all the above. 

@[dj...], i'm so sorry for you and for us all... How much pain and sufferings can we put up with?...and how long? 

I think i have seen improvement, at least some of my muscles have given me a rest and it's a relief. For me, muscle pain and tension is also one of the worst and long-term  issues and my head sometimes crackles slightly from tension in the evening.

The weird thing is i can walk, run, jump despite the pain. It doesn't depend on how much i move...

I wish you improvement as soon as possible! 

@[ne...], @[sh...], hi) How are you and everyone who is reading? I hope today is a tiny bit better for you than yesterday. 

As for me, today, i'm bursting with tension. Even my jaw is slightly trembling - it's never happened before🤔 i think, perhaps, it's bc of the weather. The atmospheric pressure is very high here, don't know... And a "friendly" stony hand  squeezes my back from time to time.

Please, update me on your condition. 🙌🙌🙌

Edited by [...]

38 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Hi Kate, I am sorry for your tension! Hope tomorrow will  be better again 🙏

For me the pain got worse during the day… the agitation set in again… I also hope that tomorrow will be better. It might be the weather also… who knows!?

I wish you and everyone a good healing night! 🍀

Thank you! 

Perhaps we are a bit more dependent on the weather now.

Have a better day tomorrow!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Kate, sorry you`re having tension like that, I sometimes have it too and I have to calm my CNS by taking a break, resting and trying to distract. It could be atmosphere pressure for you but it`s a common sx, so I always assume it`s WD. IDK to be honest.

I`ve been making homemade soup, it`s cold here. But even that can be too much, my brain doesn`t like it and I end up feeling like I`m concussed after just a few minutes of chopping veg etc.  Pain is much the same, my hip is getting hit today.  So far my neck is quite quiet today.   Crossing fingers that one may be slowly going.   Now if only my brain would stop reacting every time I try to DO something. 

Hope you`re feeling a bit better now? 

Hi, @[ne...]) yes, i think it all refers to the WD. Our CNS is so resourceful... in trying to restore itself. 

As for our poor brain... When i was off benzo for a couple of weeks, i suddenly forgot how to do the laces once. I was petrified!) Sure your brain will calm down over time. Sorry for your hip and keeping my fingers crossed for your neck.

Today i'm neither well nor unwell, no extreme. The stone hands are still here but i can bear it.

So we are one tiny step closer to being well again)

36 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I can relate to your laces, I forgot how to turn our TV on when I first came off.  As you say our poor brains, but they`re healing or I`d still be holding the remote for the telly wondering what button to press and you`d be tripping over your loose laces.  lol. 

The neither well, nor unwell I have decided is when I am at my baseline.   Better than that is a window and worse is a wave.  We`re waiting for that baseline to improve. Idk if that`s what`s happening but it`s my way of trying to understand the non linear nature of this.

We`re another day closer Kate, keep going and I will too.

😅😅😅 - it's about my laces and your remote)

I think you are right about the baseline. I've never thought about it this way. Thank you.

Have a good day and keep in touch)

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 09:28, [[A...] said:

Muscle pain and tension have always been some of my worst SXs. The focal point seems to be in my torso. I don't feel it too much below the waist or above the neck. I hope this will slowly dissipate and go away forever after I am finally off. It has been a part of me forever. I tolerate the feeling but I hate it nonetheless.

You mentioned torso, do you ever have chest pains? Like in the heart area specifically. I ended up laughing too hard yesterday and felt a sharp pain in my chest. Felt like I pulled a muscle, been sore all day so kind of worrisome

A few bad days with pain guys, it`s worse than usual so a wave I expect.   My side/flank area is the worst but my neck is better.  Has anyone else had some pain improve but another got worse?

And intrusive thoughts, I`ve had them as well.....begone horrible thoughts!

Here`s hoping my neck stays better as that`ll be at least a sign of healing .......

How`s everyone else? 

I have had a stiff neck for a month…wondering if it’s a WD symptom?  I am on a steady taper and don’t always think these things are benzo related but maybe so?   

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

A few bad days with pain guys, it`s worse than usual so a wave I expect.   My side/flank area is the worst but my neck is better.  Has anyone else had some pain improve but another got worse?

Here`s hoping my neck stays better as that`ll be at least a sign of healing .......

How`s everyone else? 

@[ne...], i have it all the time) It is my way of healing. Some pain goes, another comes. And the change is a relief)

Horrible thoughts, do you mean like obsessive-compulsive disorder? I also had and have it but now it is much better. The obsessive thoughts will pass, sure.

One of my bad sx now is cheekbones pressure up to ache. I think it is the same muscle pain...but in a new place.

I'm so sorry for the wave, hold on, it'll pass. And I'm glad for your neck) So we are moving further up)

Edited by [...]

18 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Thanks Kate, it`s good to hear that your pain pattern has been the same.  I`m relieved the neck pain is better but I`m aware it can come back, so I`m hoping.   

IDK if the thoughts are obsessive - compulsive related, they probably are.  They`re crazy negative  thoughts that I try to block.

I`m sorry you`re having pain in your face, hopefully that too will go soon.   Onward and another day closer.

You know, i was told that the best way against such thoughts is distraction. Somehow we must force other, better thoughts to replace bad ones.idk how exactly it can be managed but sometimes i manage)

And, by my experience, even if some pain suddenly comes back, it won't stay long. I had the experience with my lower back pain.

Let your wave be tiny!

4 hours ago, [[n...] said:

How`s everyone else? 

Hi nevercantell, my pain is moving around a lot. Never knowing where it pops up next 🥴At the moment it’s more the nerves pain. Two days ago I could not touch my right middle finger and my forearm. The skin was burning like fire. The finger is completely fine and the arm better. And yes also my feet and shinbone were on fire last night. Today it’s more my right upper arm squeezing, pulling and I get this awful sharp shooting pain…. so we really can never tell. Just hope tomorrow will be better again and one day …… 🤩

let’s keep hoping 🍀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I have had a stiff neck for a month…wondering if it’s a WD symptom?  I am on a steady taper and don’t always think these things are benzo related but maybe so?   

@[Kh...], yes, i'm pretty sure your stiff neck relates to benzo. My muscle stiffness and paine started about two weeks after i'd begun benzo tapering.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

Hi nevercantell, my pain is moving around a lot. Never knowing where it pops up next 🥴At the moment it’s more the nerves pain. Two days ago I could not touch my right middle finger and my forearm. The skin was burning like fire. The finger is completely fine and the arm better. And yes also my feet and shinbone were on fire last night. Today it’s more my right upper arm squeezing, pulling and I get this awful sharp shooting pain…. so we really can never tell. Just hope tomorrow will be better again and one day …… 🤩

let’s keep hoping 🍀

@[sh...], it's so sad to hear of your unpredictable pain and terrible sensations( I do hope with all my heart it will pass. It must pass.

Sure, tomorrow is going to be better.

• Like 2