Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

Hi, @[ne...] I'm so glad to hear from you again) I don't know about the tens unit but hpe it helps somehow, however, try not to overdo it. In my opinion, time is the only reliable healer.

My stiff neck says hello to yours) it is back but much better. I did have a window for a week. It's shut though. My back is taking over from my neck.

I think we are healing but we need to allow time for our nervous system to recover. This is what dr. Ashton said about our state.

35 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Great to hear from you Kate.   

Isn`t it weird how we have a window from a symptom and strike that off our list, then it shows up again.  We`ll never work this out.   My neck feels a bit better since typing earlier, so perhaps that heat pad helped?  But in reality I believe it`s just how this pans out. 

Wow so pleased to hear you had a whole week`s worth of window, was that sx free or less severe?  I have times when mine gets less and I call that a window.  But we`re all different to what a window means to us.

I had 2 hours of bliss when I woke a few days ago, no pain at all.  But slowly it all built up and was worse!!   I thought of how it can be worse after a window- TG for this site and fellow buddies who post the same happening.  TG for you Kate.

I had burning legs earlier after I jumped, they are better but I am sure they`ll turn up again.

Dr Ashton said these muscle pains are nothing to worry about too.   Let`s hope we turn a corner soon 

I think everything about benzo is weird( I'd never have touched it had i known the consequences...

I can't say i was completely sx free but they didn't bother me much. I was enjoying every second of the window)

I often have the same pattern when i wake up and feel well, then my pain built up again by and by. But there are days when everything goes the other way around. Weird...

@[ne...], good day to you!

In a success story I read this sentence and it helps me when days are painful. 

„don’t freak out if you get a new symptom or something that seemed to go away pops up again. That’s just the nature of Benzowithdrawal and healing „ 

I wish you good healing 🍀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

In a success story I read this sentence and it helps me when days are painful. 

„don’t freak out if you get a new symptom or something that seemed to go away pops up again. That’s just the nature of Benzowithdrawal and healing „ 

I wish you good healing 🍀

Thanks shamrock, it helps to know stuff like this.   

Keep going , we`ll get through together 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I love hearing from you Kate, we`re having pretty much the same thing going on.  Until now I didn`t know anyone else was waking feeling ok and then the pain building.   I`ve seen people post that mornings are their worst time, so thought I was pretty much alone with this one.     I am exactly the same, some days I know as soon as I wake that I`m in for a painful day because I start off the other way round.  But the good mornings are a huge ray of hope, I cling to that.   

for me it’s the same. Sometimes I am quite ok and it gets worse during the day but very often its the other way round and unfortunately sometimes it is bad for the whole day. I can never tell… no pattern whatsoever 🥴

For me too it is often worse after a short window… yes how canit be worse!???

Yes we get through together 🍀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, [[s...] said:

for me it’s the same. Sometimes I am quite ok and it gets worse during the day but very often its the other way round and unfortunately sometimes it is bad for the whole day. I can never tell… no pattern whatsoever 🥴

For me too it is often worse after a short window… yes how canit be worse!???

Yes we get through together 🍀

Yes, shamrock, this is exactly how mine is.   I remind myself that I woke 2 weeks ago with no pain at all, it was bliss.  That lasted about 2 hours then it all began slowly building.   And building until it was worse than usual.  Like you, no pattern at all.

TG we have each other to check these things out with.     

Today, neck stiff ( that had gone away) Aching ankles and hip pain - I never know what`s coming next ....sigh 

55 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yes, shamrock, this is exactly how mine is.   I remind myself that I woke 2 weeks ago with no pain at all, it was bliss.  That lasted about 2 hours then it all began slowly building.   And building until it was worse than usual.  Like you, no pattern at all.

Today, neck stiff ( that had gone away) Aching ankles and hip pain - I never know what`s coming next ....sigh 

Hello nervercantell, I am sorry you’re in pain too today! 

After one hour of sleep I woke in unbearable burning in my feet (that had gone for quite a while) horrific pain in my arms and hands. Sort of cold stinging burning. Pulling my arms… I very much have to remind myself  that one week ago I was able to go for a 20 minutes ride with my Pony. Unbelievable today… but then, I have been here for so many times before 😰

Trust the windows not the waves! 🍀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

@[ne...], i'd rather say there are too many patterns at once. It goes one way for a while and then some other way.

Oh yes, we are lucky to have each other to make sure everything is within normal)

55 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

After one hour of sleep I woke in unbearable burning in my feet (that had gone for quite a while) horrific pain in my arms and hands. Sort of cold stinging burning. Pulling my arms… I very much have to remind myself  that one week ago I was able to go for a 20 minutes ride with my Pony. Unbelievable today… but then, I have been here for so many times before 😰

@[sh...], I'm so sorry for you! It is overwhelmingly exhausting to go through pain again and again...( I do understand.

Please, get better and give us joy with your exquisite photos! 

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

I`m so sorry shamrock, this is truly the worst experience to go through, but we`re told that we will recover.    We`re helping each other and that`s important.   We`ve had windows and we must trust those.  You WERE able to ride your pony - keep reminding yourself.   

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I`m so sorry shamrock, this is truly the worst experience to go through, but we`re told that we will recover.    We`re helping each other and that`s important.   We`ve had windows and we must trust those.  You WERE able to ride your pony - keep reminding yourself.   

Thank you so much nevercantell for your encouragement! 🍀:smitten:

• Like 1

Too many patterns Kate, and too many parts of our body hurting at once.  But we`re tough and we`ll beat this.    Ashton said the symptoms are a sign of healing.  

You know i'm reading Ashton articles thoroughly right now. I'm just fascinated by the world of neurons, receptors and adjustments) i like to be aware of what is going on in my brain. The more i understand, the less i'm afraid)

Oh yes, we are tough 💪)) 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Have you ever read the „what’s happening with your brain“ by parker? 

This did help me a lot for understanding. 

No. Thank you very much! I'll try to find it and read.

Hi @[sh...] I’m so sorry you’re still having such pain. It is so unbelievable to experience this level of suffering. 

I’m still having horrible burning skin in my scalp, legs and arms.

I also have the deep nerve pain in my left leg and neck. It feels like a wild animal clawing my tissues. The muscle pain in my neck, jaw, hips and thighs are insurmountable!

I’m 24 months off now and can’t believe how long this has gone on. 
I didhy get the nerve pain and muscle pain until year two and it’s progressively feeling worse.

I’ve never had a window since I went to detox. I think the CT really hurt me after taking the 0.25 mg Xanax for 7 months.  I took it one daily for 3 months and tried to taper for 4 months but m body was on fire!! The detox folks said they could help me! What a mistake!!

It’s good to see that we aren’t alone but this suffering is now causing me so much fear and anxiety unlike I’ve ever experienced! I think the long term pain has brought this on along with the raging cortisol and adrenaline.

I’m sending you and everyone enduring the same, big hugs and healing thoughts. 
❤️🙏

22 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[sh...] I’m so sorry you’re still having such pain. It is so unbelievable to experience this level of suffering. 

I’m still having horrible burning skin in my scalp, legs and arms.

I also have the deep nerve pain in my left leg and neck. It feels like a wild animal clawing my tissues. The muscle pain in my neck, jaw, hips and thighs are insurmountable!

I’m 24 months off now and can’t believe how long this has gone on. 
I didhy get the nerve pain and muscle pain until year two and it’s progressively feeling worse.

I’ve never had a window since I went to detox. I think the CT really hurt me after taking the 0.25 mg Xanax for 7 months.  I took it one daily for 3 months and tried to taper for 4 months but m body was on fire!! The detox folks said they could help me! What a mistake!!

It’s good to see that we aren’t alone but this suffering is now causing me so much fear and anxiety unlike I’ve ever experienced! I think the long term pain has brought this on along with the raging cortisol and adrenaline.

I’m sending you and everyone enduring the same, big hugs and healing thoughts. 
❤️🙏

Hi Jordanjack, I am so sorry you still have to suffer so much too! Yes if only the intense pain would go… I am sure the high anxiety would disappear too. Actually I don’t have the chemical anxiety as often. When it hits it is still very strong. But at least more breaks from it. One day we will be free from the pain too… big hug and swift healing to you and everyone 🍀

• Like 1

Hi everyone

I just posted on another thread about this pain, it`s obviously a common sx, but wish it would go- sigh.

My update- tight squeezing muscles around my hip today and that stiff neck is still here.  I`m five and a half months off now and no sign of the pain going yet.

How`s everyone else?   Does the squeezing happen for you too?  

3 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi everyone

I just posted on another thread about this pain, it`s obviously a common sx, but wish it would go- sigh.

My update- tight squeezing muscles around my hip today and that stiff neck is still here.  I`m five and a half months off now and no sign of the pain going yet.

Hi Nevercantell, I have the squeezing in my arms. I could only sleep 1.5 hours because of horrific sharp shooting pain in my hand showing up every 10-30 seconds 😓 hope that’s a sign of a nerve waking up and trying to find its place… 

keep healing 🍀:smitten:

• Love 1

Hi everyone

Yes, @[ne...], it does as well as stiffness, pain, etc( I consider the muscle issues as a kind of inevitable for me. I think we are bound to go through them and get free!) The good thing is my muscles never hit me all at once. Now it is my back as if it's squeezed with stones grips... and stiff upper neck, and cheekbones...

Sure these troubles will be gone but, perhaps, more slowly than we wish.

Edited by [...]