Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

Wow a bad day here with pain.   

I knew the moment I woke it was going to be one of "those" days,  I`ll be 5 months off tomorrow and thought that maybe I was getting over the worst of this, apparently not! 

How`s everyone else?   

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Wow a bad day here with pain.   

I knew the moment I woke it was going to be one of "those" days,  I`ll be 5 months off tomorrow and thought that maybe I was getting over the worst of this, apparently not! 

How`s everyone else?   

@[ne...], I so much long for recovery to us all! I can keep you company today. My upper back and the muscles at the back of my head are torturing me( I has applied some ointment but it doesn't help much. I guess it must find a kind of healthy balans by itself and it taks time...

Let's suffer together today( I think it somehow may help)

@[ne...], my congratulations on getting rid of the pain in your side. I'm so glad that at least something can leave as for good. As for the other pains, stiffness and dizziness - i'm so sorry for you( We can only be patient and sympathise each other because we do understand.

About a bad day, i can say absolutely the same. There are days when i wake up and realize today is better crossed out. So i grit my teeth and somehow go on till night.

Sometimes it's difficult to remember that everything is going to be ok but it must)

35 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I spoke too soon Kate, the pain in my side is back today, but strangely it`s easier to cope with today, perhaps it`s fading?  Hope so

I woke differently this morning, I can only think this is windows and waves.  It was early but nothing was quite as severe as yesterday`s wake up.   I`m still having sx such as  the pain, so it`s not a full window- but a window of less hurt and suffering.

How are you today?   

@[ne...], hi) Sure i know better than to expect the pain to disappear at once. I think it will come and go but it's a good sign. I think any changes are hopeful and, yes - the pain must be fading. A window of less suffering is good enough in our state)

I don't know what's happend but i'm still unwell today( My usual pattern is broken and i've no idea what is going to happen next( My muscles are stiff and painful etc. Perhaps the cold is contributing. But it is still a change and hopefully might lead to something good)

Have a nice day)

26 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Hi Kate, hi nevercantell, for me it’s the same at the moment. The pain is traveling around and also the intensity can change from  one minute to the other. I just never know what comes next. Yesterday I was in less pain but to day back in intense sort of bone pain or most probably it’s also the nerves. For me it’s so hard to define the different sort of pains. My right thumb was hurting for a long time. I already thought it could be  arthrosis.  Since a few days my thumb seems to be healed 🤔I sure hope that it will happen to the rest of my arms…. I am a cranialsacral therapist and I am convinced that changes are a good sign 😊

Good healing 🍀

@[sh...], i hope tomorrow it'll be better for you)

It seems to me sometimes that we've grown to have considerable expertise in all kinds of pain(

I'd like to ask you as a cranialsacral therapist - may any kind of massage really help us in our withdrawal? I don't know why but i doubt it. In my opinion, the only healer we can rely on is time but i might be mistaken, so i ask you)

I would like to share this with you. I actually do have a success story with craniosacral therapy! 

In 2014 a woman with high anxiety and agitation came to my praxis. She did have high blood pressure and because of that highly anxious. The doctors gave her Ativan but as she was a druggist she knew of the danger and took it not for very long. But as I can remember it must also have been for about 2-3 months. Anyway while I treated her she was not able to lay calm, she was literally hitting my therapy table non stop… after about the 5 session she got calmer each time and after the 10 session she could relax and didn’t have to come weekly anymore. She didn’t suffer from pain though. She is completely healed and still sends me a  thank you now and then ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

I would like to share this with you. I actually do have a success story with craniosacral therapy! 

In 2014 a woman with high anxiety and agitation came to my praxis. She did have high blood pressure and because of that highly anxious. The doctors gave her Ativan but as she was a druggist she knew of the danger and took it not for very long. But as I can remember it must also have been for about 2-3 months. Anyway while I treated her she was not able to lay calm, she was literally hitting my therapy table non stop… after about the 5 session she got calmer each time and after the 10 session she could relax and didn’t have to come weekly anymore. She didn’t suffer from pain though. She is completely healed and still sends me a  thank you now and then ☺️

Wow! It's a great story, thank you for sharing. It's a pity i didn't think of it when i first lost my sleep and got nervous. I'd much prefer that kind of treatment instead of being put on benzo... Anyway, i'll keep it in mind.

5 hours ago, [[n...] said:

I think we can get into a pattern and begin to rely on that, then it suddenly changes.  It`s happened to me as well.  

Yesterday was definitely better, not sx free but more doable. Today I`m back in the doldrums, the pain has moved higher and like yours stiff and sore.    

I hope we soon turn a corner.    Have a nice day too 

@[ne...], I do agree) I'd so much like to reach this corner...Sorry you have a bad day today but i think tomorrow is going to be brighter. Sometimes i'm afraid of really good days because they often mean suffering the next day according to my pattern(

What a crazy thing the withdrawal is if it tells me to be scary when i'm well...

Edited by [...]

9 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I`m so glad you mentioned being worse after a better day.   I was searching to see if anyone else had mentioned that.  I`ve been definitely worse after any halfway decent days,  but I tend to forget and then wonder if it`s just me.  

This whole thing is scary but we`ve been told it will get better.

For me too! I always wonder if it is only my perception!? Yes it is very scary… today the muscles and nerves pain unbearable again. 

wish you all a better day 🍀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

For me too! I always wonder if it is only my perception!? Yes it is very scary… today the muscles and nerves pain unbearable again. 

wish you all a better day 🍀

Thanks for mentioning this shamrock, it helps to know that some of us have the same thing happening.   So sorry your pain is awful today.   Hopefully it`ll be less painful tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Thanks for mentioning this shamrock, it helps to know that some of us have the same thing happening.   So sorry your pain is awful today.   Hopefully it`ll be less painful tomorrow. 

Thank you nevercantell 🍀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[n...] said:

@[ne...], i do agree it really helps and as for me, it means first of all that we are within one of a particular withdrawal pattern, so it is normal and somehow we are going to get better)

Today is the second day in a row when my muscles give me a little rest) And i'm exactly 8 mnths off benzo today🙂

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Great news.   A window for sure.  I`m 5 months off and hoping.......

@[ne...], it will open for you,  be sure) As for me, now i don't want so much mine to close...

I've read a med article today about metabolism. It says that over the years it slows down and the slower it is, the more benzo accumulates in the body while being taken, so the withdrawal may last longer. Just thought it might be interesting to know. For me, it explains many things.

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

Do they mean it depends on our age or our benzo years?

@[sh...], yes for both statements. But my natural metabolism is also slow so i shouldn't expect a quick recovery. It's sad but, at least, it's understandable and i don't need to worry why my withdrawal takes so long)

How are you all, we muscle pain buddies?  

My update- I`m not too bad when I wake but the pain slowly builds, I`m using a TENS unit on my lower hip area, it helps to start but then I`m thinking it maybe aggravating that muscle.  Anyone else using one, does it help or hurt?  

I had stiffness in my neck after I jumped, that has gone for the last week, but today it`s back!!! I`m typing this with a heat pad on my neck and hoping that may help. 

I`m 5 months and 10 days off, and slowly things are better but I`m extremely wary of saying anything has gone - after the neck saga.    

So how`s every one else? 

• Like 1