Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

Thank you Kate ! I did not find à good medicine for the  headache . Just have to endure it …. À lot of fresh  air makes  it better …. .Are you also benzo’s free ? Or still reducing the dosis ? 

• Like 1

It`s reassuring guys to know there`s a lot of us going through this muscle stuff, I dunno about all of you but it makes me feel less alone.

Can we all keep in touch?   Ideally we could have a group where we could post and keep each other going, even help each other to the finish line.

Anyone know if we`re allowed to do that?   And if so how?   

Today my neck and left side hip are painful.   I am hoping the burning pain "may " have gone, it`s been 5 days since I had that in my feet and legs.

Anyone having signs of improvement?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yes!!!   I have the every other day thing going on IvL, one day I think I`ll get through this, then the next day I`m worse.  This affects not just my muscles but my mental sxs too.  Yesterday I woke with thoughts that  there wasn`t a hope in hell, I`ll ever recover, today I woke with positivity. This plays tricks and lies to us ..all .the .time !

I`ll gladly be your buddy.   

@[ne...], do you have it in turn exactly in a day or there are sometimes longer periods of reasonably well doing? At first i felt better, including my muscles and headaches, exactly in a day. Now i can be well for two and up to 5 days. But i can never tell when a bad day is going to happen. Absolutely unpredictable.  

I'm glad you are positive today) Let i it be more and more often.

Ow yes this journey is so unpredictable 😓Two weeks ago I was even able to go for a short ride with my pony today I can hardly move and I am couchbound again. Also the nerves react again. Burning , pins and needles, can’t touch my arms. Shooting pain… chemical fear..it’s just unbelievable how it can come back after being bearable!??? But as people who have gone through this process tell it’s the way it unfolds 😵‍💫let’s hope that tomorrow will be better for all of us 🙏we did get a little bit of first snow last night, so this might be also a trigger…

lots of strength to all of you 🍀

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Kate, I did have every other day but it`s supposed to be my good day today- and it`s not.   My mental sx are ok but the muscles are so tight, that it`s hard to move around Ugh.     Oh well, looks like I`m going into unpredictable too.   Keep going and I will as well. 

@[ne...], hi) What a, i'd say funny if it wasn't so sad, thing. Today is supposed to be my good day too. But it isn't either( Perhaps it's because i got a cold 2 days ago, don't know🤔. Do you do anything to improve your muscles? I try to stretch them a bit every day and go jogging. Warming them also helps. My mental sx are much better too but the physical pain and unease pull me back.

We'll do it slowly - step by step) They say it must pass.

57 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Ow yes this journey is so unpredictable 😓Two weeks ago I was even able to go for a short ride with my pony today I can hardly move and I am couchbound again. Also the nerves react again. Burning , pins and needles, can’t touch my arms. Shooting pain… chemical fear..it’s just unbelievable how it can come back after being bearable!??? But as people who have gone through this process tell it’s the way it unfolds 😵‍💫let’s hope that tomorrow will be better for all of us 🙏we did get a little bit of first snow last night, so this might be also a trigger…

Yes, @[sh...]. This is a way our recovery goes. I did read about it.

Oh! You've got pony. It is so sweet)

Hi Shamrock4, I am one month out from my last dose and also experiencing severe muscle stiffness. And I did feel like my symptoms would get worse every other day but, for past couple days I haven’t been able tell. It’s kind of mix now.

Edited by [Jo...]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

It`s reassuring guys to know there`s a lot of us going through this muscle stuff, I dunno about all of you but it makes me feel less alone.

Can we all keep in touch?   Ideally we could have a group where we could post and keep each other going, even help each other to the finish line.

Anyone know if we`re allowed to do that?   And if so how?   

Today my neck and left side hip are painful.   I am hoping the burning pain "may " have gone, it`s been 5 days since I had that in my feet and legs.

Anyone having signs of improvement?  

Hi nevercantell, I think making a group on this particular topic is a great Idea. I definitely need some buddies to talk to. And there are people on here that made a group about music. so, I think making a group about this topic should be fine.

oh, this how you make group. Click on the top right corner on the three bars. Then click browse. Then at the top of the list click group. Once you are in there scroll down. You see the groups that were made. Then scroll down a little more you able see a Start a group button click on that. What pops up are the settings to make the group choose what you want and name group. Then hit save. 

I really want this to happen.😁

19 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi nevercantell, I think making a group on this particular topic is a great Idea. I definitely need some buddies to talk to. And there are people on here that made a group about music. so, I think making a group about this topic should be fine.

oh, this how you make group. Click on the top right corner on the three bars. Then click browse. Then at the top of the list click group. Once you are in there scroll down. You see the groups that were made. Then scroll down a little more you able see a Start a group button click on that. What pops up are the settings to make the group choose what you want and name group. Then hit save. 

I really want this to happen.😁

Joshua,  I`ve looked and looked but can`t see where the three bars are?   I`m not seeing this on my laptop.  Can you create the group for us all please?   I`ve searched for the music group and can`t find that either -sigh 

20 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi Shamrock4, I am one month out from my last dose and also experiencing severe muscle stiffness. And I did feel like my symptoms would get worse every other day but, for past couple days I haven’t been able tell. It’s kind of mix now.

I`m the same Joshua, I had a pattern of every other day but that`s all vanished,  it`s as you say all a mix now.   I`m almost 5 months and the muscle feel like they`re squeezing and clenching now.   Mine is all left side, apart from when both my feet and legs are burning.   But I`m hoping that burning may have gone- well almost gone- I have a quick flare of burning then it all calms down.

Anyone else having squeezing muscles?  

22 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Wow, that was great being able to ride your pony.   I think the unpredictable factor is what`s hard to deal with, if we had a known and proved pattern for healing, we`d all be much happier.  We`ve got each other, thank goodness .......strength to you as well 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Wow, that was great being able to ride your pony.   I think the unpredictable factor is what`s hard to deal with, if we had a known and proved pattern for healing, we`d all be much happier.  We`ve got each other, thank goodness .......strength to you as well 

Thank you 🙏🍀

Hi guys and Joshua, I`ve created group for us who suffer painful muscles.   The group is waiting to be approved, so hopefully it will be.   I have NO idea how to give you all a link to it,  sorry x

Ik zit nu op 0.23 mg V en donderdag 16 nov. jump ik. 
Heb enorm veel last van mijn spieren. Voornamelijk in mijn benen, maar ook in mijn armen.  Het is een zeer gemene stekende krampende pijn welke op dit moment elke dag aanwezig is.  Ik hoop dat de klachten na de jump minder zullen worden.  Fijn dat er een groep voor deze klachten wordt gemaakt. 

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

I'm now at 0.23 mg V and Thursday, Nov. 16. I jump.
My muscles are bothering me a lot. Mainly in my legs, but also in my arms. It is a very nasty, stabbing, cramping pain that is present every day at this point. I hope that the complaints will be less after the jump. It's great that a group is being created for these complaints.

Hi Krool. I can relate to the stabbing today.   It`s such a cruel process. 

I`m still waiting for the muscle pain group to be accepted.   Hopefully it will and we can all join there. 

I am definitely experiencing the muscle pain and stiffness, sometimes unbearable. Does anyone else have fatigue as well with the muscle pain?  I feel so tired all the time, very frustrating as I feel like the majority of the mental SXs have passed.

8 hours ago, [[n...] said:

A cold will hit you during this Kate, hope you feel better soon.   I haven`t found anything to help the muscles except  I use a TENS unit but I sometimes think it may be making the pain more severe. The 1st time I switch it on it does help a bit but I tend to over-use it, so I`m trying to cut back before it reaches worsening pain.   I stretch too and kudos to you for jogging, I`m too damn old for that lol.   

Yes we`re told it will pass, I wonder if it slowly fades or go over night?  

Thank you, @[ne...]) My cold is better but my symptoms seem to be changing their tactics. Now it is rather a mix. Everything attacks for a while and retreats during a day. I'm a bit at a loss. I don't know what is worse this or the pattern with turns in 2-3 days, though i think the change is welcome because as far as i understand, it is the exact way of gaba receptors' restoring.

What is a TENS unit? Perhaps it just seems to make your pain worse.

Wether it fades slowly or goes away at once, i think, depends on a person and their body.

• Like 1

I am 15 months past my ct of clonz after 11 years of use.  My torso abdomen flank muscles are so tight and sore like squeezing.  As if I did 1000 sit-ups.  Sometimes its hard to breath.  I have been to er had cts and lots of bloodwork they say nothings is wrong.  I feel like they don't believe me.  So frustrating. This started a week after ct.  Neck head tightness has been bad also.  Can't wait to heal trying to stay positive.  So thankful I am not alone.  Prayers to you all.

• Like 2