Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Muscles strained and sprained

[sh...]

3 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hey Kuhn kit

Right about now would love to know what drugs helped you, because my backache has gotten progressively worse with yesterday being my worst day in years.  I am literally beside myself with the aching.

(so close to taking a rescue dose)

I wouldn’t class this as pain per say, but painful constant ache that never lets up if that makes sense. Nothing seems to help except sleep when I’m unconscious and unaware, that at the moment is my bliss place to be then I wake up and realty sets in.

Any advice From Anyone is greatly appreciated.

Gypsy

This has helped some.   Even alleve and Tylenol helped some but it’s only temporary 

https://www.practo.com/medicine-info/myonal-50-mg-tablet-6854

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@[ne...], good day to you) Hope everything is a bit better. I've lost sight of you but would really like to know how are you doing? Pls, fill me up on your condition. Remember? - we're together in this benzo mess) and i know +- about the others.

Edited by [...]

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

@[...]   Hi there. Since we last talked I`ve tried pregabalin, and it DID work for the pain, so I rarely came here but I did look for you occasionally and lost sight of you too. However the side effects of pregabalin are too much, so I`m tapering off and regretting even starting them.  

I`ve got pain again in my left side which moves around that area.   I`m dizzy but I think the pregaB tapering is causing that.  Still having a few benzo wd symptoms but things like tinnitus are milder than they were.

I`m almost 9 months off now Kate, I `ve forgotten how far you are. And how are you doing?  

Thanks for reaching out.   

@[ne...], i'm so glad to hear from you) Good you're better, at least, about tinnitus and other stuff. The pain around your left side seems to be the thing that tortures you most, isn't it? Like a headache of all sorts for me. Is there any change in the pain? I mean not only intensity but the character of the pain. And did you have anything like that before the withdrawal?

Oh yes... Hello the process of tapering once again... By the way, did you taper off benzo or it was cold turkey? I'm tapering mirtazapine at the moment so can somehow understand you) 

i'm 11 months off. Feel better but the pain is still here. Now it's legs, spine and everything about the head. Not everyday. Can't explain but i seem to be able to live even with the pain, although it's better without)

Don't get lost! We're here to relieve each other's suffering!)

[Kh...]
10 hours ago, [[n...] said:

@[...]   Hi there. Since we last talked I`ve tried pregabalin, and it DID work for the pain, so I rarely came here but I did look for you occasionally and lost sight of you too. However the side effects of pregabalin are too much, so I`m tapering off and regretting even starting them.  

I`ve got pain again in my left side which moves around that area.   I`m dizzy but I think the pregaB tapering is causing that.  Still having a few benzo wd symptoms but things like tinnitus are milder than they were.

I`m almost 9 months off now Kate, I `ve forgotten how far you are. And how are you doing?  

Thanks for reaching out.   

Tinnitus better?   Thanks great.  So there is hope 🙏🙏

• Like 1

[ne...]

Update- hi guys, my muscles around my hip area feel like they`re squeezing, can anyone relate to that sensation?   It`s extremely painful, I`m trying to distract but it`s not always easy when we`re in pain.    

I`m tapering pregabalin, so I`m not too sure if that`s causing some of my sx - this bout of  dizziness is from pregabalin I think , but it can be the benzos?   I`ll be glad to get off them so I`ll know what`s causing what.

How are you all?    

[Su...]

Hi, I also have issues with muscle rigidity and tightness. I am sorry for all of you here coping with this. I get some benefit from heat patches that you can stick on tight spots.Also Gua sha if it’s the fascia. Some days for me it feels like it’s the actual muscles. They’re so rigid; other days it feels more of a sensory feeling with no rigidity. Hard to explain.

@[Gy...] I have also been tapering slowly for several years. Slow and steady wins the race, we will get there! 

I feel for everyone here, and hope you are having better days. 💕

• Like 2

On 05/03/2024 at 15:07, [[n...] said:

Update- hi guys, my muscles around my hip area feel like they`re squeezing, can anyone relate to that sensation?   It`s extremely painful, I`m trying to distract but it`s not always easy when we`re in pain.    

I`m tapering pregabalin, so I`m not too sure if that`s causing some of my sx - this bout of  dizziness is from pregabalin I think , but it can be the benzos?   I`ll be glad to get off them so I`ll know what`s causing what.

How are you all?    

Oh, @[ne...], hi there!) So sorry for you🥺

Sure i can relate to the squeezing and painful sensations of yours( Hips and legs and feet. These are my issues  for now and the head. The head will be the last issue that leaves me, i think. Are the pain and squeezing permanent or they give you some rest from time to time?

I think the giddiness is caused by both benzo wd and pregabalin tapering. I'm the same with my mirtazapine tapering. Caught a huge wave of giddiness while walking today. Don't know how i managed to get home but i did) And, yes, in general i seem to be better.

Keep in touch. It's a bit easier to withdraw successfully together)

Edited by [...]

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Hi @[...], great to hear from you.   I`m sorry you`re going through this awful squeezing too, mine is mostly my left side which moves around my hip area.  Today is a bad day with more pain than usual but I`ve cut the pregabalin, so I believe that`s why it`s worse.  I was only taking it for 2 months but I`m certainly noticing any drops.   Have you got far to go with mirtazapine?   I think I`ll be another 6 weeks reducing the pregab at the rate I`m going, it`s probably too fast IDK?   I wake up with what feels like a nasty hangover - do you have this too Kate?

I`m glad you got home safe and sound after that wave of horrible giddiness.   

Looking forward to hearing from you again 

Nevercantell, glad to hear from you too)

My squeezing is worse on the right side and it's like an unkind miracle - one day or more i feel ok and the next day i wake up squeezed all over and in pain...but also know for sure tomorrow is going to be better... No logic...Today isn't my best day either.

I'm not sure about pregab tapering. Think the more smoothly the better. I've cut mirt in 4 since the end of December and i feel the reduction, i think. Nasty hangover? No, i don't think. Just pain from time to time. What do you mean?

Take care and be careful about the pregab reducing. How much of the original dosage are you taking?

Good luck to you and steady healing!):balloon:

Edited by [...]

10 hours ago, [[n...] said:

@[...]   Hi again.    My pain is constant although I can get a lot of relief when I go to bed, it gets much worse if I try to push through and DO too much. And it moves. Today it started in my waist (on the left side) but now it`s down in my hip.   Who ever heard of waist pain?   It`s ridiculous.    I think the hangover effect is pregabalin for me, I am pretty sure my mornings were better until I started tapering that.

I really don`t know anything about mirt but hopefully you`re well on the way to get off it. I do not want any more of these drugs in my body again - ever.  I expect you feel the same.

Keep going Kate and I will too 

Certainly i don't want any external chemistry to interfere with my brain ever either. I'm totally with you here)  The drugs seem to have caused all the aching, headaches in particular( My muscles also got flat while on benzo and now they're painfully reviving. Too painfully but ,hope, they'll manage.

I heard of waist pain and had it. It's over now but still can come for a few hours at night.

I think it's good that your pain moves. Any change is welcome and, hopefully, means healing. Don't force anything too much, just at a slack pace. Take care!

Yes, @[ne...], we'll keep going!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
[fa...]
On 08/01/2024 at 23:17, [[K...] said:

Thanks - yes my PT guy is doing the myofascial release  -its helps but seems to be temporary.  I have degenerative issues on c5/6 so proper Thai massage might not be good given the extreme stretch positions.    I dont seem to be any nerve related issues - so thats good.    Accupuncture still haven't tried but considering.  My Dr recommends dry needling after the conservative treatments are finished.  Then steroid injections last.  Need this to settle down, ugh...  

Did you try dry needling?

[Kh...]
18 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Did you try dry needling?

No.  We did not get to that.  Massage and traction (12 times) worked things out.  Took about 3 months or so.  Also flexeril helped during the time it was bad.   In retrospect, it was definitely my C5-7 issue..old age.  Gotta take better care going forward. 

• Like 1