Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

All alone from Norway

[He...]

hi im 55 male i have gone thru some traumatic events about 2yr ago tapering of benzo for 4 months from 2.5mg im desperate trying to get help i dont know anyone and now i have got a extremely painful arm that hurts so much i cant even go in the foodstore it is extremly painful. i have severe anxiety and cry many times in a day sorry i just cant write more now because of the pain. i really need a friend

Well, the anxiety and crying sounds familiar. It is your brain that is doing this. You are not yourself in withdrawal. What can people help you with? There are very few users from Norway. 

hi i just need somone to talk with i have gotten completely alone in the world im sorrry i i cant write more now because my arm is hurting very bad thank you that you replied

1 minute ago, [[H...] said:

hi i just need somone to talk with i have gotten completely alone in the world im sorrry i i cant write more now because my arm is hurting very bad thank you that you replied

Ok. I understand that this is a very lonely feeling, being on this medication, feeling so much pain. I've read a comment from somebody who had cancer and said the treatment was a walk in the park compared to benzo withdrawal. 

I don't think there is something like a discord server really.

yes im loely my ex left me after 19 years an took the dog with her that is 1 yr ago the silly thing with the pain i have in my arm is that yesterday i started using a painkiller ibufropen and i helped on the pain,but today i felt really depressed an my anxiety har been worce ,so then i started reading that this can happend during tapering and taking ibufren

1 minute ago, [[H...] said:

yes im loely my ex left me after 19 years an took the dog with her that is 1 yr ago the silly thing with the pain i have in my arm is that yesterday i started using a painkiller ibufropen and i helped on the pain,but today i felt really depressed an my anxiety har been worce ,so then i started reading that this can happend during tapering and taking ibufren

Ok... sound familiar. I had a breakup a couple weeks ago and it is a lot of extra stress and heartbreak.

I don't know if ibuprofen works. I sometimes take paracetamol/acetaminophen but it makes me very tired. 

okay thank you guys it really helped me to talk a little to you i wil try to come back tomorrow because i just almost scream of the pain now so not able to write more right now thanks!

• Like 1

Sorry you’re going through this. It sounds very difficult. I try to remind myself none of it is permanent. Doesn’t always help though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [[H...] said:

i have got a extremely painful arm that hurts so much

This might seem strange but does the pain answer to pain meds? Does it get worse or better if you move your arm in any way?

On 09/11/2023 at 08:59, [[I...] said:

This might seem strange but does the pain answer to pain meds? Does it get worse or better if you move your arm in any way?

hello again the arm is now much better ! ,but it was so painful that it hurted all the time in any position i felt like a truck was standing parked on it.I went to ER because i had fever and the arm swelled up  and was red color.i got chocked that i just was sent back home from ER told to take paracet ( that is the same as Tylenol.) I told the doc that paracet/tylenol did not take the pain away, but he did not listen to me.I think that the dr looked down at me after i told him i was tapering on benzo i felt like he did not want to help me. The day after i was at my regular doctor and she had a look at my arm and said it did not look good at all and she ordered a taxi straight to emergency again in a hospital. The same happend again they took ultrasound and it was either absess in the elbow joint and som crystall mass in the forearm so i was told that i vould have to stay at the hospital one or more days so they cold discuss what they should do.The doc told me to take some tablets named predisonol .Then i told the doc that i was tapering on benzo and did not dare to take predisolon  because it has dangerous psycological sideeffects and since im tapering on the benzo  i might get sicker from withdrawal .The doctor reacted bad to that an told me that predisonol had no bad psyclogical side effects.then i was told  to wait outside the office.Then after 15 minutes she called me back in to her office and told me to go home!!.  So i did. The  next days i had fever between 38-39 degree celcius and was still in extreme pain . now the last 2 days pain and fever is almost gone .Im chocked over how the docs treated me i felt like im a person that is not worth treatment since im using benzo like im a bad human .After all it was my doc that told me start taking them since the trauma i had gone thru i never been taking benzo for fun .After this i hate doctors.  i almost forgot to say that my painful arm is not from tapering on benzo .I thing the arm got inflamed when doing some work on a motorcycle engine lapping the valves .Im so glad i have found this site it makes it easier to cope with withdrawal syptoms.

Edited by [He...]
  • Like 1

Hi @[He...],

I am so glad to hear from you, I was thinking about you this morning. Unfortunately I am past my nightly dose time and I can barely read, I wouldn’t type coherently. I don’t know what I will be able to do in next days due to a recent cut.

10 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Im so glad i have found this site it makes it easier to cope with withdrawal syptoms.

I am glad too and I agree with you for personal experience 

3 minutes ago, [[I...] said:

Hi @[He...],

I am so glad to hear from you, I was thinking about you this morning. Unfortunately I am past my nightly dose time and I can barely read, I wouldn’t type coherently. I don’t know what I will be able to do in next days due to a recent cut.

I am glad too and I agree with you for personal experience 

Nice of you to reply thanks.I hope you will get better and stabilize from your recent cut fast i will be here to support you just call out if you vant to talk.Best wishes

• Love 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2023 at 23:58, [[H...] said:

hi im 55 male i have gone thru some traumatic events about 2yr ago tapering of benzo for 4 months from 2.5mg im desperate trying to get help i dont know anyone and now i have got a extremely painful arm that hurts so much i cant even go in the foodstore it is extremly painful. i have severe anxiety and cry many times in a day sorry i just cant write more now because of the pain. i really need a friend

I'm living in Norway too, and ibux/ibuprofen are a NSAIDs and it gave me a setback. 

Where in Norway do you live?