Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Inauspicious start to Ativan taper

[St...]

Good to hear..tomorrow I think I'll be going down to 5mg of Valium.  I managed to finally get some sleep and I went to the beach today and have been feeling a lot better.  I'm hoping I can make it off symptom-free for the most part too :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [St...]

• [da...]

• [Mi...]

• [Gl...]

Glad to read that you finally got some sleep. Good luck with your reduction. I plan on reducing tomorrow too, the finale of this crap I've been taking the last couple of months just so I can quit taking it!  :crazy:

Starting a supplemental round of tapering today, my last, a reduction to ¼ of a .5 Ativan pill (.125 mg.) to make my "landing" easier. The duration will depend on how I feel but won't exceed 14 days and could be 4-7 days less than that.

@Steve, If I were on that small amount I would stop it today and put up with the symptoms I get for the next couple days or weeks. Of course this would depend on how bad they got and if they did get really bad I would reinstate the small amount. I wish I was only on that amount!! Great job though. You're almost done!

Thanks miss kim. You don't know how tempted I am to just jump right now but I think this last round will make my jump that much easier...and once I jump I'm not looking back!

The first 4 days of this last round have been yawners. Today I haven't taken my measly ¼ pill (crumb is more like it) yet and am tempted not to.

I have a little angel  :angel: on one shoulder telling me: "Steve, take it 7 days. That's only 3 more times and then it'll be all over."

The devil  >:D on the other asks: "Why?"

If I don't take it I guess I already jumped and didn't even know it.  ???

Wow man, congrats!!  :thumbsup:  I hope it works out well for you, I'm sure it will and you will heal  ;D

I'm right behind you..I hope to be there in about 6 days

Wow man, congrats!!   :thumbsup:  I hope it works out well for you, I'm sure it will and you will heal  ;D

I'm right behind you..I hope to be there in about 6 days

Thanks.  8)

Good luck with your jump. You'll heal too and find that this experience makes you better than you were before you took your first benzo.