Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice

[An...]

Hello all,

I am new here and would like some advice.
As I mentioned yesterday, I want to stop taking Klonopin/clonazepam.
I have been taking 0.5 mg per evening for over 20 years.
I have a doctor's appointment on November 15.
After reading a lot about CT or another rapid reduction, I decided to take a year to stop. So to get off the pill. I realize that I am not over it yet.
This would be at a dose of 0.041 mg per month! come.
I know some people think this is too slow, but I feel like I have to do this.
Are there people here who have done this or who absolutely advise against it?
I know it is slow and takes a long time, but I am currently already in the tolerance phase and have been feeling so bad for years that I am willing to do this.

• Like 1

@[An...] I'm on that same page with the .5 of clonazapam and decided it's time to stop as well. I'm trying to get my sleep stable and then with the help of, I'm hoping a good psychiatrist in this program I'm entering this week, will help me with this. I'm really motivated this time. I'll share all the helpful information I get with you. We got this

5 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[An...] I'm on that same page with the .5 of clonazapam and decided it's time to stop as well. I'm trying to get my sleep stable and then with the help of, I'm hoping a good psychiatrist in this program I'm entering this week, will help me with this. I'm really motivated this time. I'll share all the helpful information I get with you. We got this

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your comment. You also use 0.5 mg? How are you going to phase out? Do you have a tapering schedule for yourself?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from the Netherlands and work with a translation app. I know that sleeping will be one of the problems, yes. I would appreciate it if you kept me informed of the possibilities. I don't have a psychiatrist and don't want to use other medications. Unfortunately, I don't think we want much.

Thank you for your offer.

Hi Angelique, 

yes, I'm on 0.5 mg of clonazapam at night for sleep. I was successful over the summer at tapering a half of 0.5 mg and that took about 4 months. I really want to be successful as well to be done with the last 0.5 mg. It's really disrupted my life 

6 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Hallo Angelique, 

Ja, ik gebruik 's nachts 0,5 mg clonazapam om te slapen. Ik slaagde er deze zomer in om de helft van de dosis van 0,5 mg af te bouwen en dat duurde ongeveer 4 maanden. Ik wil heel graag ook succes hebben met de laatste 0,5 mg. Het heeft mijn leven echt ontwricht 

I understand it so well. I am currently in the tolerance phase and have already had so many complaints that I am going to take that step now. But in a slow way. Then I'll just take longer. So be it. 0.041 mg per month equals 8 to 10% if I'm not mistaken. Thinking clearly is becoming increasingly difficult in this phase of tolerance. I read in your topic that you are going to a clinic?