Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help with liquid tapering

[kn...]

I'm finally starting to stabilize at 2mg of diazepam after holding at this level for nine weeks.  After coming down from 2.5 to 2mg, I know that chopping up pills will not "make it"  any longer.  I want to drop one tenth of a mg. every 2-3 weeks from here on out.   I need to find out how to do liquid taper.  My provider is in full support, but knows nothing about how to do this.  I've read some articles and watched a u tube video, but still need basic help with what to buy and how to do it.  One of the web sites I read referred to Colin's instructions that were written some time ago.  The post I read explained how to go about things, but the u-tube videos he referred to were unavailable.  I'm 72, have been at this for two years now, and a too rapid taper (done on my own) has left me with some confusion.  I'm sure you folks know how to do this and make it understandable.  Please assist me.  I try to check in here daily, and feel free to message me if you want to do so.  There's a wealth of information here.  Please help me figure this out.  Many thanks.  

Hello @[kn...]. Given that you have a supportive prescriber, have you asked if they would be willing to prescribe the commercial 5mg/5mL oral diazepam solution?  Many of our members have used this ‘as is’ or diluted with water or milk to taper successfully.  Here’s a link to the FDA drug label for the solution from one of the manufacturers (Hikma):

DailyMed - DIAZEPAM solution
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=9e85abed-1a8b-4762-a31f-f2c7f196b8af&audience=consumer