Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency Ă—
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! Ă—
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Continuous dry cough

[me...]

Hi has any one experienced a dry cough it seems to come from my tight throat muscles.and then I still have breathlessness and stomach spasms.can any one shine a light on this  

Thanks🙏

Good morning mikeyjoed my spasms are like a tight muscle in my stomach and pain a heavy feeling sometimes I'm breathless too not nice 🙏

I have something similar.  I think it's from acid reflux. From what I've read and from my own experience with acid reflux about 20 years ago, it seems to fit.  It is more severe than back then, but I guess that makes sense, too, given everything that benzos can cause.  

Hi burntheships my gp is treating me for reflux sometimes I can't swallow or eat I guess it's tension from withdrawing every muscle in my body is spasms...   I'm 1month into my withdrawal. Don't go out at the moment feel overwhelmed 

Hope you are ok🙏

I one time had severe coughs.  I was diagnosed as having acid reflux.  Now I have severe nausea, diarrhea and stomach cramps.  Feel just like I have an ulcer.  Endoscopy doctor should be able to tell me.  Schduled the appointment.  It could be withdrawal symptoms, which have no pattern and intermittent.  What is next?  I should not be shocked nor scared.

Just wanted to say I have the same. And I’ve searched through the archive and haven’t seen it mentioned much. But my main symptom the past few months of tapering has been a daily cough, sometimes multiple times a minute. Usually not quite so frequent, but I can easily become hyperaware of it and it can get worse. Along with that comes with he chronic feeling of breathlessness and throat clearing. Definitely think there is a reflux component to it, as eating something not on a reflux diet can aggravate it immensely, but any time I get anxious (and I get anxious a lot) it will flare up too. 

If I can get absorbed in something it will abate, but seems like the moment I notice I haven’t coughed in awhile my my mind says, “time to cough again.”

As I taper more it becomes more pronounced. Definitely seems benzo related.

@[Ma...] town have that exact same phenomenon with my gut right now. If I think about how my gut is doing it’s like it kicks in. So hyper aware it’s nuts. Our brains are so dialed in right now.