Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Recent setback after dental work. What was most likely the cause?

[St...]

I’ve been shaky for the past couple of months now for a bunch of reasons. My wife and I moved. We had some travel where I got severe anxiety and insomnia. And then after that I started Trazodone.

So I’ve been unstable for a couple of months. Off and on insomnia, some parasthesia, agitation, etc. I know full well that asking this question might just be withdrawal, but I’m curious if anyone has experienced a setback after dental work and what seems most likely to have triggered it. 

4 days ago I had 2 teeth extracted and one of the spots prepped for a possible implant with a bone graft. Ever since that day, my nervous system has been in hyperdrive. I have had burning skin neuropathy, tremors, I’ve been much more agitated and I’ve experienced olfactory hallucinations. It’s been much worse than usual.

I’m suspicious of the antibiotics I was given or maybe the pain medication I was given (just took a couple), maybe the anesthetic given, the procedure itself or the bone graft. I’m at a real loss as to why things have been so much worse lately. The reason this matters to me is that I’m trying to get a sense of if it’s something that will wear off soon, allowing me to stabilize. 

Usually antibiotics. OR stress induced. Prof ashton writes about this on her website.

Do not take fluroquinolones ever.

And however lots of antibiotics cause setbacks. Types of pencillian work on GABA-a.

Im 6yrs off. Took a combo of pepcid ans antibiotic ear drops for infection. Was thrown back into acute hell.

Make sure when you goto the dentist you can ask for LIDOCAINE injections without ENPHEDRINE/ADRENALINE.

20231023_130008.jpg

• 6 months later...