Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help its getting worse :(

[...]

About a month ago I was very near the end of my year-long K taper. I had a quite difficult weekend and increased my dose. Now it feels like week over week my anxiety is getting worse. First it was back up to .25 a day. Then .5 a day. Now I'm trying 1.0 a day and its not making things easier. I feel more anxiety than ever. Is this some kind of blowback? I don't know what to do. :(

How long have you been back on 1MG of K daily? How close were you to being off before the updose? Sounds to me like you were always sick & unstable during your year-long K taper.

Just now, [[A...] said:

How long have you been back on 1MG of K daily? How close were you to being off before the updose? Sounds to me like you were always sick & unstable during your year-long K taper.

Its just the opposite. The taper down from 1.0mg over a year was going reasonably well.  Once I got down to .25mg a day I was caught off guard by a really bad couple of days and I updosed and have been slowly increasing over the month and its been steadily getting worse. I've done 1MG yesterday and today. Today as soon as the first .5mg wore off after about 4 hours I had this horrible anxiety surge.

Do you think it's possible you got exposed to covid? Even with otherwise asymptomatic infections, it can cause some tachy/anxiety symptoms because of the ACE2 disruption.

That's how I ended up on a much higher-than-ever dose of Xanax back in March of 2020. I'm still tapering.

If that's it, it usually settles down after a week or two.

But I got a long covid version of it and it was more like a year before it started to stop. Not fun. It's why long covid kept getting misdiagnosed as anxiety, early on. I think part of it is caused by the MCAS flare. Cutting way back on high histamine foods helped stop some of the benzo tolerance-like symptoms. 

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

OIC, ok. I would not start the Klonopin taper back from 1MG. You have not been back on 1MG that long. Perhaps, .5 mgs might be a good taper restart option.

Thanks @[An...] Yeah I'll have to see what I can stand. I have to have some kind of stability.