Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My story... Need help

[Ak...]

Hello everyone I am from India Maharashtra state and aurangabad city... I am 32 year old.... Was diagnosed with IBS when I was 18 fought the disease for almost 7 years... And after that I had tuberculosis.,. It was in first stage.... Recovered it within 1 year,.. Till then I had no psychological problems but suddenly due TB my beloved once started having distance from me.... 

Then came to pune for job a night shift job... Then stared smoking habbit.... And alcohol habbit.. 

Since irritable bowel syndrome is a disease which is related to mind and stomach... So along with TB treatment I started psychiatric treatment as wall.... 

But due to my break up (it was very toxic relationship) I smoking and alcohol habbit incresed. 

Then another psychiatrists prescribed me these benzo tablets known as prodep, rivotril and regrace said that i am at the risk of being SCHYTZOPHRENIC and epileptic

Symptoms are i can't sleep ,anxiety. Depression and Hedeach..  So i have been taking these tablets since last 4 years with or sometimes without the prescription of the doctor.. 

Now I want to withdraw these medicine any how I was in art of living aashram last 2 month so my smoking and alcohol habbit is negligible. 

By the way I am a biotechnology engineer and a artist I play guitar and harmonica simultaneously was interviewed on channel which is available on YouTube by the name of Akshay dabir MCN talk show... 

I am afraid of withdrawal please suggest me something good. M not married yet . M just being dependant on my parents which I don't want to. Please help. Thank you. 

Hello @[Ak...], its good to hear you’ve reduced your intake of alcohol and cigarettes, and it sounds like you’re ready to taper from the Rivotril , can you tell us the dosage you take and how often you take it?  

We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks but what we find works best is a patient led, symptom based taper that will hopefully keep you functional.

You mention you‘ve not always had a prescription for this medication, will you have enough to do a slow taper and is your doctor aware you wish to taper off?  

Pamster

Hello sir/mam, 

Rivotril, prodep and regrace i have been taking since last 6 months . Rivotril is of 0.5mg i take it every night before going to sleep. But before that i used to take lonazep 2 and olenze 5 for 3 and half year. My doc doesn't know that i want to taper..... He doesn't give full information about the disease and tapering. 

And yes I can get these medicine without prescription as well. 

Thank you for the additional information, how would you like to proceed with your taper, would you feel confident using a razor or file to shave portions of your tablet, you can use your best judgement to determine the size of the cut or you can weigh your dose on a jewelers scale.  Or would you feel more comfortable making a liquid solution and tapering that way?

If you could get your doctor on board with your taper, he could prescribe the pharmaceutically available liquid version of Rivotril. 

Hi @[Ak...], breathing exercises can help with anxiety and panic but there are many other symptoms that can show up as well, are you still considering a 50% reduction?