Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

POTS/dysautonomia

[Ma...]

Has anyone developed dysautonomia symptoms? I almost pass out when I stand up, high heat rate after standing or eating. Huge stress response after meals. Now I’m getting pulsatile tinnitus upon standing or changing positions. I held for 5 months then tapered and now have been holding 3 weeks.. is this just going to continue to worsen??!

Yes. I got dysautonomia symptoms after covid in March of 2020. Mine is also triggered by standing and eating. And temperature. I ended up taking way to much X to manage it, and now I'm trying to taper. At one point, I could only eat 7 foods and I couldn't tolerate any supplements. It was scary. I lost 65 pounds. I was literally starving. Then a doc recommended trying BPC-157. It helped me a lot. But I'm a super-responder, I think because of the gut-brain axis POTS stuff. But it sounds like my situation is similar to yours, from reading a couple of your other posts. So IDK. There's some more info about it in some of my other posts. I definitely would NOT be down to 2mg of valium today without BPC, though! It was completely game-changing for me. It got my HR spikes on my Fitbit out of the high red zones and into the low yellow zones mostly. I'm trying not to talk to much about it because I don't want to sound like a broken record and IDK that it would help everyone, but I know it can help POTS from my experience. 

@[Ma...]Yes. It was all from covid. And I had an almost asymptomatic case. I hate this stupid virus. And I'm now still masking, even though people look at me funny. I don't care. The N-95 (or other good) masks work and I need to recover!  

I also know lots of people who never ever took a benzo and had the same thing happen. It's why the ERs kept diagnosing it as "anxiety." I know one person, who never took a benzo, who was accused by the ER of being an addict and going through withdrawal because they also had the seizures and tremors.

There are a few medical journal papers about covid and GABA. Actually, in case anyone else reading this is interested, here's one news article about how taking GABA supplements can help with covid. And here's a journal publication about how covid messes up GABA synthesis.  

But yes, (back to your question and sorry for my little rant) BPC, it started helping me pretty immediately. I felt a lot of relief shortly after the first time I took it. But at that time, I didn't know much about it and so when I tried to find some less expensive, I bought a couple brands that weren't good. There is a lot of fake/bad product out there. (If it's too inexpensive, it's probably not real). Also, it has to be the right formulation for oral use. That is the arginate salt form (not acetate). It also can't have the ingredient salcaprozate sodium (snac). That's a GI-permeability enhancer to help absorption, but the arginate salt form doesn't need it. It causes leaky gut injuries which is part of what we're trying to fix. I also started putting the capsules inside enteric capsules to improve absorption and so I could take less. 

I started with taking 250 mcg once daily for a week to test tolerability and adjust to it, then did twice daily for a long time and as I've been trying to finish my taper, I increased to 3 times daily. Even though InfiniWell will regularly send you 20% off discount codes if you sign up for their email list, it started to get too expensive, so I figured out how to order it direct from a manufacturer in China. (If you get to that point, let me know, and I'll try to help). That ends up costing a lot less overall, but you can buy a multi-year supply for about what a 5 month supply costs from InfiniWell. You also have to make the capsules yourself, which is a pain, but I found a good recipe and method.

I plan to stay on BPC for a while (forever?), but eventually cutting back to one or two per day. There's research that it can help with aging, but I want to stay on it because I now understand that the depression and anxiety I had my whole life were driven by inflammation. Benzos and BPC reduce that type of inflammation. So I think that's part of why it works so well for me. (Specifically, research shows it reduces the IL-6 inflammatory cytokine, which is also the one that ends up to elevated after covid and with long covid). 

Hope this is helpful and also hope you start feeling better. Let me know if you have other questions and if you try it and it works for you, can you please also share that? Or if it doesn't agree with you, that would be helpful, too. I don't think enough people who could benefit from it know about it.