Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How many months have you been waiting?

[Ye...]

Hello everyone. Time is the only thing that's going to get us out of this situation, so let's talk about time. It would be very interesting to know how many months have passed since the last pill, if you have been or are reducing the dose step by step, if the waiting time has been reduced, what pills you were taking, how long you have taken them, the amount you took at the end and what are now or have been your most difficult symptoms in all these months.
I can tell you that I was taking Klonopin for 13 years. I was taking 6 mg of Klonopin and stopped taking them from one day to the next, there was no reduction in amount at any time. It's been 7 and a half months since I took the last pill and the most complicated thing for me right now in my life is social phobia and depression, anhedonia without a doubt.

Hello @[Ye...]

Thanks for posting. Yes - Time is so key. I've learned a lot about time... throughout the this process. I've had to learn to 'make good use' of the time EVEN when feeling like crap. I had to learn how to leverage the time... but not hate it while feeling awful. 

It's been almost three months since my last xanax and 5 months since my last diazepam. I was on both medications for three years -and tapered concurrently off both for one year. When I started my taper i was on 4 mg of Diaz, and .75 ish of xanax. Tapered low and slow for one year. 

Some steps down were 10% other reductions were 20%. 

My worst symptoms were hormone related. My hair fell out. A lot. I didn't sleep well. At all. I was so irritable. My brain didn't work - It was hard to comprehend things. MY UPPER LEFT QUADRANT OF MY GUT HURT SO BAD. And still does at times. Lots of neurapothy. Tingly hands and feet. Head pressure. 

That's the overview. 

Tell me more about the social anxiety. What feelings come up for you?