Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can a Math Magician help me figure out what I did?

[Ho...]

Hi,

I was put on Mirrtazepine during my Clonazepam taper, and am now on a liquid mirt taper. I thought I knew what I was doing but now I can't figure out what I did. 

I was taking a 7.5 MG mirt pill and cutting it. It got to 9 grams weight and then I went to a liquid taper. The pills weigh about 60 grams.

The solution is 1 ML to 1 MG. I started the solution at .8 ML. 

Did I do this right? It's really been bumpy; feel like I'm almost back in acute. I've been trying to double-check the math and I can't do it!

Can anyone tell me if I started the taper at the right dose?

:idiot:

Edited by [Ho...]
spelling mistake, left out data

Hello @[Ho...].  I’m not a Math Magician but given the numbers provided, you were ingesting approximately 1.125mg of drug in solid dosage form.

0.8mL of a liquid with a concentration of 1mg/mL is approximately 0.8mg of drug.

You would need to ingest 1.125mL of the liquid to achieve the same dose you were taking in solid dosage form.

43 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[Ho...].  I’m not a Math Magician but given the numbers provided, you were ingesting approximately 1.125mg of drug in solid dosage form.

0.8mL of a liquid with a concentration of 1mg/mL is approximately 0.8mg of drug.

You would need to ingest 1.125mL of the liquid to achieve the same dose you were taking in solid dosage form.

Hi Libertas,

Thank you so much!!

I just triple-checked and the weight of the 7.5MG tablet was actually 83 grams. I goofed! 

If I divide the weight of the pill (83 grams) by the weight I was taking (9 grams) I get 9.22.

If the pill is 7.5 MG, and I divide it by 9.22, I come up with .813MG. 

So if I'm taking .8mL, it's pretty even, right?

(Which means this is a wave, not mirt withdrawal, unless there's some kind of weird thing that happens when you go from a pill to a solution.)

Does that seem right to you?

You’re most welcome, @[Ho...].

Given the revised number for pill weight, your calculations are now correct.

As I’m sure you’re aware, at lower doses, small changes in dose can have relatively large effects on the brain.  The reduction from 0.813 to 0.8mg is about a 1.6% decrease so you may be sensing that.  You may also be sensing a difference in bioavailability between the solid and liquid dosage forms. 

• Like 1

Loved reading this! Especially 'small changes in dose can have relatively large effects on the brain' and the word 'bioavailability'. I got to look up a new word, and learned that liquid medications are more bioavailable than tablets.

So I guess it's just my brain adjusting. It's calming to have something that could be true, versus all those 'Oh no, this will be my life forever' thoughts.

Your kindness is much appreciated. Deeply.

HC

• Like 1