Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Losing mind?

[Sh...]

Have something similar to Dp/Dr only it’s very severe to the point I can’t connect to where I am or when it is . I can’t sleep much but fall into these little naps I seem to wake up more and more disoriented and confused . I’m hardly sleeping , but when I can grab a few mins I’m scared to because I’ll wake up even worse. I’m getting more lost in this all the time and very scared of the path this is going on.  This has been happening for many months . I really need help . 

Hi @[Sh...] I'm so sorry.... you're not sleeping. I do... truly understand. For MONTHS I did not sleep during my taper it is debilitating. I have to agree with @[...] that the best thing you can do, is breathe and sit in meditation. Yes, it's hard to sit still and quiet the mind. And at the time it does not 'feel' like 'anything is happening' but like anything good - it takes time for your body to absorb the 'positive effects' of meditation. I promise you - IT WORKS, over time. Hang in there. 

It gets better. I promise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Have something similar to Dp/Dr only it’s very severe to the point I can’t connect to where I am or when it is . I can’t sleep much but fall into these little naps I seem to wake up more and more disoriented and confused . I’m hardly sleeping , but when I can grab a few mins I’m scared to because I’ll wake up even worse. I’m getting more lost in this all the time and very scared of the path this is going on.  This has been happening for many months . I really need help . 

I'm sorry you are suffering so much :(  When and how did you get off the Klonopin after 14 years?  I ask because I've been on the K's generic Clonazepam for 35 + started my taper at 35 years on it.  You can see my History on the link below if you are interested.  I only learned how to taper here on BB back in March, so not that long.

When You say you did a slow taper off your Ativan at 4mg, How was that taper done?  I ask because others can be helped, you're helping others as well if they know ahead of time what is working, what is not so good.

I couldn't find if you are still tapering, or have you finished that, and into post-withdrawal and recovery time?

I am not post-wd so can't help much with that, but I have tried some different methods of tapering and might be able to help with that, Denise:hug:

https://benzobuddies.org/profile/243292-[or...]/

Edited by [or...]
forgot link
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry your dealing with this.  I also have had very poor sleep for months.  Just little bits here and there for a long while.  During the worst of it, I was convinced that nothing was real and that I was living in the "Matrix" or "Inception".  I am not exaggerating, nothing seemed real and I couldn't connect with anything. But, let me assure you it will get better.  I think the lack of sleep really messes with our sense of reality.  I've started sleeping a little better and those feelings have faded. I still wake up a little disoriented and have to concentrate sometimes on what day it is, etc., but it is much improved and continues to improve. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 10:16, [[S...] said:

I want to sleep so bad . I’m in horrible shape . I need to sleep . I will do anything to sleep 

I'm with you. Just one gentle pattern of sleep that's all. Sometimes I will nod off out of sheer exhaustion and when I wake up my brain is running at overspend, jolting me awake into reality. Just one night, please.