Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tension inside brain NEED HELP

[hl...]

15 months off Klonapin. I’ve been dealing with an incredibly horrible symptom inside my brain. It feels like a deep tension or irritation. Internal akathisia maybe. I feel like my amygdala is sensitive and swollen. The only thing that relieves me is drowning myself in alcohol.

it feels like I need to breathe heavy and deep to sooth this irritation that never resolves. It’s like my amygdala is inflamed and tortured. So painful. I’ve been begging god for relief!! It’s a horrible sensation that won’t let up! When does it end?

Edited by [hl...]

I have similar. 12months off Klon.

Massive headaches in center of the head. I used ice packs and slept upright in a recliner for a while.

Doctors blame it on high bp. But I get it when Bp is not elevated. 

Started with dizziness too. Then a massive headache that sent me to the hospital. 

Finally 2 months later, it seems to be fading. Very disconcerting.

10 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Mine aren’t really headaches, it’s more like inner stimuli that won’t fade. It’s like a tickle inside my skull that I can’t scratch 

@[hl...] it sounds familiar. At first, while on benzo, i started to have severe headaches. When i came off benzo, the headaches began to turn into the thing you described or similar. It is less acute but the same irritating - up to unbearable. Something just itches under my sculp( Luckily it's not everyday. I think some muscles inside my head are partly responsible + something else - don'know what.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I agree with @[...], alcohol acts the same receptors as benzo’s, have you been consuming large quantities of it since you stopped benzodiazepines?

No, I only started drinking recently as a last attempt to get any sort of relief from this torture. Maybe the past 2 weeks. I’ve had this horrible sensation for months now. I’m 15 months off since my last dose

i think i know what your talking about its because you probably mixed alcohol with benzos at some point in life

feels like its in between ur eyes or forehead? yeah this little head pressure tension is the worst, id pay all the money in the world for it to stop. IM trying literally everything my next thing to try is magic mushrooms microdosing hopefully it stops it. Its not everyday for me but when it happens it sucks  so much i cant even really relax 

always comes with a headache for me too and anxiety and unable to sleep

Edited by [mr...]

7 hours ago, [[m...] said:

i think i know what your talking about its because you probably mixed alcohol with benzos at some point in life

feels like its in between ur eyes or forehead? yeah this little head pressure tension is the worst, id pay all the money in the world for it to stop. IM trying literally everything my next thing to try is magic mushrooms microdosing hopefully it stops it. Its not everyday for me but when it happens it sucks  so much i cant even really relax 

always comes with a headache for me too and anxiety and unable to sleep

@[mr...] so you think alcohol+benzo might be the cause of this pain/ itching? I have never combined them. But at some point on benzo, i think when i developed tolerance and my dosage didnt help that well anymore, i mixed benzo and a kind of alcohol tincture with phenobarbital (valocardin). And my headaches came at about that time. I ve thought they might have had smth to do with the combination.

By the way, there are people on my local forum who tried magic mushroom microdosing to ease their withdrawal) It didnt help much but relieved the symptoms to some extents for a while. We are different. Try and perhaps it will help. Good luck)

On 31/10/2023 at 19:51, [[h...] said:

15 months off Klonapin. I’ve been dealing with an incredibly horrible symptom inside my brain. It feels like a deep tension or irritation. Internal akathisia maybe. I feel like my amygdala is sensitive and swollen. The only thing that relieves me is drowning myself in alcohol.

it feels like I need to breathe heavy and deep to sooth this irritation that never resolves. It’s like my amygdala is inflamed and tortured. So painful. I’ve been begging god for relief!! It’s a horrible sensation that won’t let up! When does it end?

Alcohol is the worst thing you can feed your benzo withdrawal.... I did it the first time I tried coming off and I know from experience that it only makes it worst....instead try drinking cold water to see if it alleviates it 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[e...] said:

Alcohol is the worst thing you can feed your benzo withdrawal.... I did it the first time I tried coming off and I know from experience that it only makes it worst....instead try drinking cold water to see if it alleviates it 

Cold water does not alleviate it

• 2 months later...
On 01/11/2023 at 00:51, [[h...] said:

I have horrible brain symptoms, like an electrical storm. It began in this wave. Before I only had head pressure at the back of my head and neck. Now it’s 10x worse, entire head squeezes plus crazy sensations inside the brain. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2023 at 00:51, [[h...] said:

I've had this from time to time, although i'm not off benzos. I know the feeling and it is terrible. Like an itch. 

Using alcohol would be counterproductive. Maybe it is just emotional tension. For some walking may help, crying, climaxing. Maybe a good massage, cold shower. I could think of many things that may help. 

• Sad 1

On 01/11/2023 at 00:06, [[h...] said:

Mine aren’t really headaches, it’s more like inner stimuli that won’t fade. It’s like a tickle inside my skull that I can’t scratch 

This is the best way to describe it.

3 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I have horrible brain symptoms, like an electrical storm. It began in this wave. Before I only had head pressure at the back of my head and neck. Now it’s 10x worse, entire head squeezes plus crazy sensations inside the brain. 

And this too, Mines started in the back of my head i remember the night it started. I was withdrawing after abusing 1mg xanax for a 10 days. (it was only 10 in the pack, im just assuming) 

I mixed it with vodka on the final 10th day (bad mistake, one of the worst mistakes of my life tbh) im about 70% sure this headache / headpressure thing comes from mixing it with any type of alcoholic beverage seeing as some people never experience this and can resume a normal life after quitting

Woke up next day with a pounding headache and unable to remember much losing my wallet, all the classic benzotard stuff.

Then a day or two later laying in my bed, withdrawing I just felt a sharp brain zap to the back of my skull. 

Probably neurological death or death of brain cells or something like that. The brain zap that day is what started everything.

literally woke up this morning with my head hurting in the center or back I try to sleep through it but im not even having dreams anymore at night, my body just passes out due to exhaustion and doesnt ever enter REM or deep sleep anymore 

Im nowhere near as smart/witty/fast thinker as i use to be, I can hardly spell words correctly anymore without autocorrect. Noticed most hardcore benzo users cant spell or type correctly while abusing too but i never thought this would be permanent

I just went to MRi For this. I may be able to report something back within a week or two or nothing....

Edited by [mr...]
more info

4 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

This is the best way to describe it.

And this too, Mines started in the back of my head i remember the night it started. I was withdrawing after abusing 1mg xanax for a 10 days. (it was only 10 in the pack, im just assuming) 

I mixed it with vodka on the final 10th day (bad mistake, one of the worst mistakes of my life tbh)

Woke up next day with a pounding headache and unable to remember much losing my wallet, all the classic benzotard stuff.

Then a day or two later laying in my bed, withdrawing I just felt a sharp brain zap to the back of my skull. 

Probably neurological death or death of brain cells or something like that. The brain zap that day is what started everything.

literally woke up this morning with my head hurting in the center or back I try to sleep through it but im not even having dreams anymore at night, my body just passes out due to exhaustion and doesnt ever enter REM or deep sleep anymore 

I just went to MRi For this. I may be able to report something back within a week or two or nothing....

For me it’s so severe that I can only lie down as it shreds my brain and surges and electrocutes me. The electric storm is a new thing for me. 
horrific!

Edited by [Wi...]

7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

For me it’s so severe that I can only lie down as it shreds my brain and surges and electrocutes me. The electric storm is a new thing for me. 
horrific!

yea i know how bad it gets some days all i can do is lie down and watch basic tv like the most basic stuff like football or the price is right or gameshows/cooking shows. Anything that involves too much thinking/ following a plot will make it worst

• Sad 1