Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

They say time heals but I'm scared

[Gr...]

@[An...] I need to tell you I had reaction to Lex. Anti, how long shoukd V help calm me? Havibg horrendous week. I am stuck with nust that and i need a sense of calm even if I'm not technically stabilized. That can wait. I just want to feel relaxed. I have no experience with this stuff. It's anazing how I got stiluck on these. Is it not working why I don't feel calm? Someone else have any answers?  I've been alone all week and until Monday and then alone again another week. I need to feel better. Soneone with some idea about this? 

@[or...] Oregon lady I've read your story. You seem so optimistic. I am close to your age (66), I could use your encouragement since you have been through this lionger than I. I am so new at this. I can't believe I ever took one pill that ked to many. I was so against taking any meds. What was I thinking.

Sonetimes I feel I can get throufh this mentally, but the physical symptoms are controlling me. Like fire in my skin and veins. I'm tired and weak too much to cook or eat. I had 2.5 grueling months off 1mg X. Just placed on 6mg V on 10/31 by my doc. I was having temors when I saw him. He wants me stable. I don't feel relaxed or like it's doing anything. Is thst normal for so early on it? I don't want to be on any od this, but If it starts to work, I'll ride it out.

I was very distracted this past week, but the last few days have been h*ll. My energy and muscle has been robbed from me. I need energy. Sometimes I feel so weak I will pass in my sleep. It'scary. 

Thank you.

@[Ch...] Chantal, what is happening to us? I wish I stayed on the X longer and planned it better -- but I didn't know I had to plan it. 

I took 5mg Lex for 4 days. It may work for you. I am alletgic to iodine and pharmacist said it has some kind of iodine property. My guess is that's what happened with me. I heard it takes a few weeks to kick in. 

What's going on with you right now? Dis your friend come yet?

Hi grace2023.  Sorry you are having a rough time of it hope things settle soon for you. It's interesting that you mentioned your allergy to iodine so am I I come out in blisters.  Also never thought of meds having iodine in them it's my guess this is what's happened to you do you think 🙏

10 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@[Ch...] Chantal, what is happening to us? I wish I stayed on the X longer and planned it better -- but I didn't know I had to plan it. 

I took 5mg Lex for 4 days. It may work for you. I am alletgic to iodine and pharmacist said it has some kind of iodine property. My guess is that's what happened with me. I heard it takes a few weeks to kick in. 

Not yet. I am scared to death. I have not started the taper yet. My tolerance symptoms are getting worst every day. I need to function I have to work I will be homeless if I don’t. So much to handle now. I don’t know where I yell end up. I have no family here in US. Be thankful that you don’t have to worry about s roof over your head food etc. I will not have a prescriber if I don’t have insurance. 

@[An...] I don't 't know. I still have burning which seems to be my cross to bear with this awful experience.  The Valium gives me headaches.

I don't really know what stabilized means. How are you supposed to feel?

I want to take 5 MG instead of 6. Then would like to go down 10% every 2 weeks. Is that unreasonable?  Too fast? Too much?

I keep breaking out in hives & itching. It's bad enough my skin is parched.. I think Valium giving me hives  Can it do that? 

I am so tired of this entire thing.  WTH? This suff doesn't give up. 

7 minutes ago, [[V...] said:

The cholesterol supplement, should be okay. and actually could benefit your overall health. There are also many natural supplements that can be beneficial as well. Like zinc, magnesium, valerian root. etc. that can help as well. Supplementing vitamins is important for sure. Anyways, Jerry, I wouldn't focus on ' # of days' necessarily. Focus on body feeling. Again, this isn't linear.. I have proof of it in my journal just from the last few weeks of my journey. There's no specific number of days to put on it. It's all about when you feel like you're ready. Long acting drugs can take a while to notice though if the change was slightly too sudden, like a few days or could be very quickly if it was for sure way too sudden like same day or 1-2 days at most. So either way, you'd know where you stand. But the amount of your drop sounds proper. 3.5 would be a 12.5% drop. Doable on a long-acting drug. You could even do 3.75 (6.25%) if you're able to split the half into half and use that as a jumping stone for say 5-6 more days (again could be 8. could be 3, if you want). There's many ways to go about it. Depends on how you feel in all honesty. You'll notice the symptoms, or your body adjusting. Don't worry and relax. Always remember too, some days rock, (pink cloud) and some days suck and feel like you're in a hole. Don't be bummed out if it takes a day or 2 longer to hit a goal you may have set (because that happened to me just recently). Taught me that its not linear for sure.  I just had to tell myself progress is progress no matter what. Even if it seems like it's at a stand-still, that's still considered progress (therapist told me this).,I look forward to talking with you. I'll make time tomorrow to chat. 

@[VI...] Hi Victor. I read your post to Jerry about supplements. I hope that's okay. I want to take vitamins. I am always low on D and have to keep on top of it. What are your thoughts about D and other important vitamins?  How about collagen? I've lost so much weight and concerned collagen is being damaged. I was taking it before this hoopla started in mid-August. It's ironic that I could take these supplement when I was on X, yet the withdrawal complicates everything. IMO, withdrawal from these should be short-lived. it should be done in a few weeks. This is ridiculous that we have to go through this for months, maybe years. What kind of evil drugs are these? I don't think there is another drug out there that does this. 

Are you in withdrawal? Tapering? Are you done? How are you feeling? Are you healed?  Thanks

On 04/11/2023 at 19:17, [[G...] said:

Not yet I stayed the taper but I think I am doing it all wrong. 

12 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@[VI...] Hi Victor. I read your post to Jerry about supplements. I hope that's okay. I want to take vitamins. I am always low on D and have to keep on top of it. What are your thoughts about D and other important vitamins?  How about collagen? I've lost so much weight and concerned collagen is being damaged. I was taking it before this hoopla started in mid-August. It's ironic that I could take these supplement when I was on X, yet the withdrawal complicates everything. IMO, withdrawal from these should be short-lived. it should be done in a few weeks. This is ridiculous that we have to go through this for months, maybe years. What kind of evil drugs are these? I don't think there is another drug out there that does this. 

Are you in withdrawal? Tapering? Are you done? How are you feeling? Are you healed?  Thanks

Double post sorry. the one below contains the info along with yours:

Edited by [VI...]
double post:

5 minutes ago, [[V...] said:

Supplements and vitamins are SO important. People may have different opinions on mixing eastern and western medicine, but I think it's vital. My sister is supplementing all natural to the extreme, and she's able to tolerate her chemotherapy /infusions A LOT better than most people. I've seen what it can do. for example, my adrenals are shot, Im taking a supplement for that, and it's helping tremendously. Medications, are a different story. I'm not a doctor. Certain meds do interact with each other. That's something left up to the physicians.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I'm currently tapering. my doctor had a measured my tolerance level to be = in the 4.5ish-5.0 xanax range. My story is unique. It involved a lot of RC benzos for my binge, and xanax at the end of my binge. The first doctor tried to give me 100mg gabapentin and send me on my way. (which was a death sentence basically). I knew I had to switch immediately. Found a good doctor with knowledge, she made me stick to xanax only, however, could only prescribe 3mg (with some clonidine to help with bp and symptoms, along with a couple other things, she basically told me that was the limit considering I'm also on buprenorphine, so basically, I had to make a 50%ish cut over a couple weeks' time. (on my own) or go to treatment. So, I did it. I made the cuts in large chunks as quickly as I could, but it took 2ish weeks, and I had to put in HARD work. It was suffering, no sugar coating it. I currently sit at 3.0mg and have been there for I think 7 or 8 days now? I'm about to go down to 2.75 or 2.85 here as I'm currently 90% stable. I have the proper equipment to measure however accurately I need to, even if I need to do it liquidly, which I don't yet because the jumps are still easy to cut. I'm fully prepared to do it properly. I do believe like you, 'short lived' drugs should be tapered as quickly as one can tolerate, but sometimes it does take months, or years depending on the person, history, and usage. 

Edited by [VI...]
grammar, and adding proper medication to describe milligram.

Remind me Grace why you got off X....were you stable on it? I'm referring to the first time you were on it, not your brief reinstatement

Edited by [mi...]

I was on X and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I didn't like taking a med like this. I don't take medications. I don't drink, smoke or do rec drugs. I wanted off. 

Edited by [Gr...]