Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

They say time heals but I'm scared

[Gr...]

Please tell me there's a light at the end of a short tunnel. I need hope. I want freedom like all 

Is there a general rule or certain signs acute is closer to end?

Or when you start during acute to V in hopes of a taper to end it all?

Edited by [Gr...]
1opic adjustment
  • Like 1

I can't think any signs or rules.

The issues/discomfort are just much less.

Acute is just a level. Namely the first and worst hill on the up and down of healing.

It can't be quantified until it's over. And it is different for everyone.

Sorry.

But it will end.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 3

@[de...] I need some of your positive vibes Decatur. I have so many symptoms. I think my age is holding me from healing. I think I'm still in acute, but I am unsure where in acute I am and how any of that works. I am afraid of what will happen to me physically and will I fade away and become a recluse like so many others because of this disease. My facial skin is compromised. This evil drug did some other kind of cellular change to me. I am lost Decatur. Sometimes I feel I can get through that moment, and I cherish it, but it ends quickly when the paresthesia, pain, and the rest come back. My wish is to wake up to having my facial skin be normal again with no burning, swelling, or redness so I can fix myself up with a little makeup The next would be to feel free of this  to laugh and smile again.  I hope it was okay I sent this post to you. I just like hearing from you. 

@[Gr...] Sometimes, really most of the time, quiet Acceptance and Patience will do wonders for how we think. Remember you are not an Island...everyone suffers in some way, maybe not the same as you, but equally horrific. Acute like the others have said, varies, you do not need to worry about when it will end, you have to go through it, to get to the other stages of healing...fighting against it does not help. Breathe and Distract, there are many here that would love a kind word and a virtual hug, reach out to others and you will find that you spend less time dwelling on the bad. It will get better,

❤Peace and Healing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[Sw...] Fear of the current cellular change and more. This did something weird to me in my nasal cavity, lots of pain & swelling and it may have caused neuropathy there. Can't breathe through left nostril--numb. Today I am having tremors. I have an appt. I hope I can drive. OMG. 

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

@[Gr...] are you afraid of permanent changes?

@[Sw...] Yes.  Afraid of more it can do. My skin is a wreck and I have good skin. This has already done something to me. I can't wear my glasses bc I am in pain. I have pain inside and out. I wish I would have stayed on the junk or reinstated right away and had a better plan. Hindsight. But now I am in agony. Today I have tremors and a headache from back to front. Paresthesia all over. It's over 2 months, you know it's like come on already. I am certainly afraid of this going on longer & longer as with others. I don't know how to relieve the pain or stop the tremors.

@[Sw...] I am at my dr office. My BP usually 110-120 over 60-70. Today it is 100/50. NOT GOOD.

And I lost 2 more pounds.Already lost 11 lbs. Down to 108

What's happening to me? 

Edited by [Gr...]

@[An...] I need to tell you something. I went to my doctor who I used to go to. I haven't been sick in long time. In bad shape today. I spilled beans to him what's going on bc I an having tremors. He is the only one who understands about CNS. He was concerned that I was almost CT from X. He wants to get me on track and taper me in few months. He said no X. Giving me 2mg V 3x day -- said I don't need more than that. Plus Lexapro lowest dose only in AM, start tomw. He assured me he will get me on track and wean me off both of them. Thought I'd tell u that bc of Lex. Little worried about V but I have no choices. Breaking out in hives from panic & this damn WD. 

Edited by [Gr...]

@[Gr...]i am glad your doctor is going to help you taper down. It should be an easy transition and give you comfort. I believe that it’s okay to do what’s best for you as an individual. Lots of people on BB have advice to give but everyone is different. If you need a few more months to do a super slow taper it’s worth it. Hopefully you’re hopeful and feeling supported now

@[Sw...] Because he understands this, I trust him. I am in really bad shape. Trembling, everything. Fingers crossed this helps even if I have to wait to wean off.  thanks for understanding. 

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

@[An...] I need to tell you something. I went to my doctor who I used to go to. I haven't been sick in long time. In bad shape today. I spilled beans to him what's going on bc I an having tremors. He is the only one who understands about CNS. He was concerned that I was almost CT from X. He wants to get me on track and taper me in few months. He said no X. Giving me 2mg V 3x day -- said I don't need more than that. Plus Lexapro lowest dose only in AM, start tomw. He assured me he will get me on track and wean me off both of them. Thought I'd tell u that bc of Lex. Little worried about V but I have no choices. Breaking out in hives from panic & this damn WD. 

Grace, I think this could work for you but remember it will not help instantly. The SSRIs typically make you feel worse before you start to feel better (weeks 1-2 might be bad but gradually get better after that). You should be able to tell after about a month of consistently taking both drugs. Don't throw in the towel too soon bc of an instant relief expectation.🙏

42 minutes ago, [[[...] said:

Grace, I think this could work for you but remember it will not help instantly. The SSRIs typically make you feel worse before you start to feel better (weeks 1-2 might be bad but gradually get better after that). You should be able to tell after about a month of consistently taking both drugs. Don't throw in the towel too soon bc of an instant relief expectation.🙏

@[[A...] How does this make you feel? What would be feeling worse? Side effects?  OMG, there are 2 pgs of side effects, seizures, bleeding, glaucona, liver. Wish I looked more closely at X side effects. I would have skipped it. Says it takes 1-2 wks to "feel benefit."  Then I have the V.  I hope that doesn't burn my chest again. I don't want to be drugged all day.I don't want these in my system if I have to drive.

Dear Lord, more poisons to take just because I stopped a poison & thought that was the end of it. How did ai screw this up in first place? All bc I wanted that junk out of me too fast. He said it's possible if I stabilize fast enough I can taper off these in a few months. Sound right?  I want to be med free asap. 🙏🍀

I can't expect immediate results. I am burning up again. Feels like my occipital nerve is acting up. I hope not. I need patience to see if this plan works. Anyone tried V during withdrawal and when did it kick in?

@[An...] I was scared today when my blood pressurexwas that low. Never was that low. I was shaky and in bad shape. I can see how you felt so sick after stopping K Ixreally wantcoffxthese as soon as I feel stable.  Dear God, I hope I get the same calming effect you did.

When did the V kick in for you? 

35 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[An...] I was scared today when my blood pressurexwas that low. Never was that low. I was shaky and in bad shape. I can see how you felt so sick after stopping K Ixreally wantcoffxthese as soon as I feel stable.  Dear God, I hope I get the same calming effect you did.

When did the V kick in for you? 

Valium - about a week after discharge from rehab bf I started having issues with the valium. Things got better and better after week one.

Lexapro - Started feeling better after 3 weeks. Felt bad when I initially began taking 10 mgs of Lexapro. After approx. one week IMO, the negative side effects went away. The positive therapeutic effects started to manifest in week 3.

You can get off this stuff Grace but you have to do it in a smart, methodical way to avoid as much undue suffering as possible.

On 31/10/2023 at 20:11, [[A...] said:

Valium - about a week after discharge from rehab bf I started having issues with the valium. Things got better and better after week one.

Lexapro - Started feeling better after 3 weeks. Felt bad when I initially began taking 10 mgs of Lexapro. After approx. one week IMO, the negative side effects went away. The positive therapeutic effects started to manifest in week 3.

You can get off this stuff Grace but you have to do it in a smart, methodical way to avoid as much undue suffering as possible.

@[An...] I know you've tajen V for many years, but I don'txwant to wait ling. How will I know or tell when/if I'm stabilized so I can start getting df this stuff?

Hi grace usually an extreme uptick of symptoms. Like extremly bad days. I find can folllow some kind of normality / peace.

Your time will come.

5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Hi grace usually an extreme uptick of symptoms. Like extremly bad days. I find can folllow some kind of normality / peace.

Your time will come.

@[bw...] Are you having uptick? I am having reaction to something, possibly Lexapro. Edema around eyes. 

How are you feeling?