Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Riding the Wave

[BN...]

Hello All! In the midst of a wave, doing my best to stay distracted and engaged.

wondering if anyone can shoot some encouragement my way :)

• Like 1

I like how you titled your post @[BN...], you’re riding the wave, not fighting it.  How long have you been in it, and have you experienced windows?

What are you using for distraction?  I remember one time I found the ultimate distraction.  I was driving down the road and a dog was running in traffic so I stopped my car, stopped traffic and scooped that little dog up, boy was my heart pounding!  Thankfully the dog had a tag with the owners phone number and they met me there and took the dog home.  I didn’t think about my symptoms at all while I was risking my life for that little dog and it was worth it! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Hey! I love the distracting dog story! I love spending time at the dog park watching the pups.

it’s been a few weeks and fortunately my day is mostly windows! It’s at the sticky place where really good days can be followed by hard waves and it makes it frustrating! 

• Like 1

I didn’t have waves and windows, well, I did have one window that lasted a few seconds as I was walking up my stairs, and it was wonderful. I’ve noticed some of us who quit cold turkey don’t follow the same pattern.

I’ve read other members talk about how brutal the waves are after a window, they mention how they’re full of hope and positive thoughts but the second the window closes, the fear and doubt come rushing back.  The non-linear aspect of our recovery is yes, frustrating!! :brickwall: