Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 weeks holding, what should I do?

[Su...]

Hey all, I am still holding at .3 mg of liquid V. My sx have gotten better from the original cut however I am feeling discouraged. These last few days I’ve been experiencing bombarding thoughts. I’ve dealt with intrusive thoughts earlier on in my taper but now I will fall asleep for a few hours, and be awakened by my brain being up and running at full speed unable to slow my thoughts down. It really feels out of control, has anyone experienced this that has had it go away? I am still struggling with sleep very much, I will fall asleep for a few hours then wake up in the middle of the night and my brain won’t allow me to go back to sleep. I also deal with pretty intense Dp/dr, when does that go away? I’m not sure how long I’m supposed to hold for here and when things should start to get better? Am I supposed to continue tapering like this? I think what I experienced with the last drop was ‘acute’ withdrawal..will the remaining drops also cause ‘acute’ severity symptoms? I’m tired and I’m not even done tapering yet.. 

Edited by [Su...]

Ive heard of others who have held and had lots of ups and downs and taken months and months to finally settle. I'm going through the same thing. I hold and I get worse, but i get I get worse. I've never made it past a month holding. I need to keep trying. I have a new high precision scale that cost me $1500 that I'm using to keep my dose as constant as possible, hopefully that helps.

.161mg K. It’s about 3.3mg Valium so I still have a ways to go. I’m not worried about getting off as much as I just want to stabilize. I was super stable for 18 months on this stuff tapering the whole time until I crashed. I felt the cuts after a week but I continued to work and function just fine. Since the brand changes I totally lost stability and my system went into overdrive and it’s been the worst hell imaginable. I’m having some windows but the bad is very bad. I’m hoping I can stabilize on this dose for a number of months and then I will just Microtaper going forward. But getting off is years away at the rate I can handle so I need to stabilize first. 

• Sad 1