Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Itching, burning, twitchy nervous system when trying to sleep

[do...]

Hello Buddies

Has anyone found someway to deal with the itchy, burning, twitchy nervous system when trying to fall asleep? 8 years later and it's the worst symptom I just CANNOT shake. I get tired, I go to bed, and just as I'm about to fall asleep, my nervous system goes haywire and I obviously can't sleep.

I use antihistamines and tylenol and they work sometimes but not always. Most times I'm just out of luck until the inner-restlessness resolves.

Am I going to have to go on Lyrica or Gabapentine? Is there ANYTHING out there that can calm this?

Thanks

My skin has a horrible itching sensation that increases during the day and seems to only resolve a bit when asleep. I’ve tried antihistamines as well and they have not helped, was also asked to try propranolol. Ugh, that just made me feel weird. Skin burns a lot too.

i think I am at the stage where I just have to put up with it but it’s horrible and I want it to go…

Not sure that is much help but at least you know others are dealing with it!

I know the following is absolutely useless, however, I feel if I was able to just remove my skin from my shoulders all the way down to the heals of my feet, then rinse it all off and place it back on my body that it may stop this never ending burning. Its driving me mad. 

Ugh, I think I know what you are talking about, I have bouts of this too. For me it comes on at random times, not at night. It comes and goes. You had this more often in the past and now just at night? Obviously that at any time is distressing, when it flares it makes me go mad. When the burning hits it comes with pain all over, I can barely move. Not sure if that was the case for you too in the past. Unfortunately I have not found anything that helps, I hope it will go with time. I have this since my setback from other meds after almost being healed from psych meds. I avoid any pharmaceuticals to let my CNS heal. 

Sorry you still experience this, the nervous system on fire is the worst issue I have. Sometimes I feel love all my nerve cells are stuck in ON position. Then the burning and itching from the inside. And internal vibrations. And restless feeling feeling like a weird tension or a tickle in muscles. Fun times. For me it all comes and goes, it’s like a rollercoaster in my CNS. It sometimes changes hour to hour. 

Edited by [Wi...]

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

I know the following is absolutely useless, however, I feel if I was able to just remove my skin from my shoulders all the way down to the heals of my feet, then rinse it all off and place it back on my body that it may stop this never ending burning. Its driving me mad. 

Hello @[So...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

One has to be absolutely miserable to dream about doing something so drastic but its easy for us to understand that kind of desperation, I’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering so much.

Pamster

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[So...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

One has to be absolutely miserable to dream about doing something so drastic but its easy for us to understand that kind of desperation, I’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering so much.

Pamster

Thanks, I do not dream of doing that. I assume to think that is not what you meant. I just have this feeling that it could just be all cleaned off and I would be okay again. 

24 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thanks, I do not dream of doing that. I assume to think that is not what you meant. I just have this feeling that it could just be all cleaned off and I would be okay again. 

I didn’t mean to imply anything other that what you said, I just meant I understand wishing for some way to be relieved from this torment. 

On 28/10/2023 at 08:00, [[P...] said:

I know, I had hoped my reply did not sound confrontational. I am overly sensitive and a hot head. I was taking Zopiclone to replace Valium and was up to 60mg's a day of Zopiclone. I lost days and do not remember events that I would normally never forget. With that, I am so very frustrated with how I feel inside and out. The itching and just all over withdrawal is so crazy. I wished I had found all this before moving to Zopiclone. This probably would go to its own post but the stories are all so similar, yet unique, obviously. I read one of your replies that mentioned Ambien and it hit home which is what I think Zopiclone actually is. I didn't know as they were coming in directly from India as Zopiclone. Anyway, my apologies for the original reply to your response. 

I know, I had hoped my reply did not sound confrontational. I am overly sensitive and a hot head. I was taking Zopiclone to replace Valium and was up to 60mg's a day of Zopiclone. I lost days and do not remember events that I would normally never forget. With that, I am so very frustrated with how I feel inside and out. The itching and just all over withdrawal is so crazy. I wished I had found all this before moving to Zopiclone. This probably would go to its own post but the stories are all so similar, yet unique, obviously. I read one of your replies that mentioned Ambien and it hit home which is what I think Zopiclone actually is. I didn't know as they were coming in directly from India as Zopiclone. Anyway, my apologies for the original reply to your response. 

No worries @[So...], we aren’t ourselves when going through this.  

I’m sorry to see you went from Valium to Zopicone, its short half life can make life pretty miserable and taking it during the day leaves huge gaps in our memory.  I to this day have no idea what I said or did during the time I took Ambien during the day just to stave off withdrawal symptoms, its pretty scary. 

I hope you’ll start a thread so we can figure out how to help you