Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering Klonopin (.5mg) after over 13 years of use to treat anxiety

[el...]

Hello, All

Just signed up and am confused with how to post my information about tapering, use of Klonopin, etc. I've tried to follow the directions and can't find the edit profile on the profile ribbon.

I want to taper off of .5mg/day of Klonopin that was prescribed to me around 2010 or so. I also take 10mg/day of Lexapro which I've been on for about 18 years. Anyone have experience of tapering of a benzo while also taking Lexapro? How long of a taper and what were the dosage drops? Thank you all and God bless us all for navigating our own journeys. 

Hello @[el...],welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We can help you taper from the Klonopin, we typically suggest reducing by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever you symptoms will allow, a symptom based taper can help you stay functional.  

We have many members who take antidepressants, it doesn’t seem to cause any issues to be on one when you taper, its just starting it while tapering that can cause problems for some.  We’ve found our central nervous system is highly sensitive making us react to things that never gave us problems before.

Is there a reason why you want to stop taking the Klonopin,, have you noticed any odd symptoms you can’t explain?  I’m trying to figure out if you’re going to have withdrawal symptoms, some people can get off of these medications with little to no problem.

We’re glad you’re here and I hope you’ll let us help you and the instructions for filling in your history are here.

Pamster