Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3 weeks off Benzo, alot of withdrawal symptoms

[Av...]

Hi there, I have been 3 weeks off X. There is alot of side effects. Will it get better? Should I use anything to help with the side effects. What has helped you? 

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[Av...]  - Congratulations on 3 weeks off Xanax. I'm sorry you're having a lot of trouble with withdrawal symptoms.  What symptoms are you having?

Hi there, tight chest, lighthead, palpation, heavy legs, like pressure on the head, stomach issues, puffy eyes

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Will it get better?

Yes, it takes time but symptoms ease up as you heal.  It takes a lot of patience and acceptance.

Should I use anything to help with the side effects.

We generally don't suggest taking supplements or adding in new medications.  They help some people but not others.  You have no way of knowing if you'll be one who it helps.

What has helped you? 

There's nothing that makes the symptoms go away except time.  In my opinion these things help give your system the best conditions for healing: good self care, a healthy diet, moderate exercise, practicing relaxation techniques like meditation, slow deep breathing, and yoga.  Distraction is another important coping technique - what kinds of things can you do that will help take your attention away from your symptoms?  It can be just about anything - tidying your home, cooking, arts & crafts, a funny show on TV, a walk in nature.  I helps pass the time with less suffering and time is what it takes to heal.