Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What did I do wrong.

[...]

Last december until 3 weeks ago chaotic use of diazepam and alprazolam. 0.25xan and 5mg diazepam, randomly every week or two.. pure chaos, (i took it when i felt i need it)

2 weeks ago started taper because I couldnt walk straight.. started it by learning here. Dropped to 2.5mg diazepam

I stabilized

Last saturday i felt bad kinda but it was managable

On last sunday i dropped from 2.5 to 1.25..

Few days later tuesday im really bad again, i came back on wednesday back to 2.5mg..

Idk what i did wrong, was it too fast, too much? Im only glad i never went above 5mg diazepam.. im kinda stabilizing again

Info: im anxious person hypohondric, male, smoke cigarettes, i reduced coffe totally i can only drink it when a dose kicks in.. stopped alcohol as i started taper. 

Do i need to do more sport, exercise?? Im mostly sitting at work, since its a desk job, when i come home same..

@[...]  It looks like your cuts were too big -  dropping from diazepam 5mg to diazepam 2.5mg was a 50% cut and your cut from 2.5mg to 1.25mg was also a 50% cut. It might make the most sense for you to try to stabilize on 2.5mg before making another cut.  As a general guideline we typically suggest making cuts of no more than 5-10% every 2 weeks or longer.  You would make your next cut only when you feel your symptoms are manageable and you're able to function fairly well in your daily life.

What was your alcohol use like

Benzo withdrawal is hard on our bodies.  I believe you give your system the best conditions for healing if you take the best care of yourself you can.  So, a healthy diet, plenty of water and moderate exercise are helpful.  By the way, I think you're wise to cut back on coffee.  Coffee is very activating for most of us and probably contributes to anxiety in my opinion. It's also important to learn new ways to cope with stress and anxiety.  We used to reach for a pill but now we need to practice things like deep, slow breathing, meditation, yoga, and make them a part of our daily routine.  

Please let us know how you're doing.

• Like 2

On 26/10/2023 at 17:23, [[B...] said:

@[...]  It looks like your cuts were too big -  dropping from diazepam 5mg to diazepam 2.5mg was a 50% cut and your cut from 2.5mg to 1.25mg was also a 50% cut. It might make the most sense for you to try to stabilize on 2.5mg before making another cut.  As a general guideline we typically suggest making cuts of no more than 5-10% every 2 weeks or longer.  You would make your next cut only when you feel your symptoms are manageable and you're able to function fairly well in your daily life.

What was your alcohol use like

Benzo withdrawal is hard on our bodies.  I believe you give your system the best conditions for healing if you take the best care of yourself you can.  So, a healthy diet, plenty of water and moderate exercise are helpful.  By the way, I think you're wise to cut back on coffee.  Coffee is very activating for most of us and probably contributes to anxiety in my opinion. It's also important to learn new ways to cope with stress and anxiety.  We used to reach for a pill but now we need to practice things like deep, slow breathing, meditation, yoga, and make them a part of our daily routine.  

Please let us know how you're doing.

Yeah maybe it was too quick but i thought i could manage it. I to some extent am becoming numb to symptoms, trying to deal with it slowly, i saw that panic makes it only worse which is logical of course.. my alcohol usage was the usual every week or every two weeks max 6-7 beers. I would never mix tho, if i drank on saturday i made sure no benzos atleast 3 days prior