Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When is a good jump off dose for KP?

[Sw...]

10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Really unsure when the best time to jump is. I’m still at .55 mg but planning it out. 

I just jumped on Sunday at 0.01325 mg clonazepam/klonopin. I dry cut all the way down and did pretty well. I'm still only a few days out so I'm not sure what sort of WD symptoms I might experience, but I'm hopeful. I'll update my profile as I get farther out...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

What are your symptoms so far?

@[Sw...] Hi there! Well, today I am feeling some nausea and fatigue, a bit of a headache. Body aches and bone pain. Some neuropathy in my legs. Just kind of a "blah" but nothing that I feel is overwhelming. My heart rate is a bit elevated, but nothing serious there. Tinnitus, but I have that anyway normally, it just gets louder. I figure I'll take a nice hot shower or soak in the tub, maybe go for a walk, maybe watch a DVD. Lots of options!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[Je...]What are your symptoms so far? I see you dropped from .25 to .125, how did that go back in May? I’d like to hasten this taper of mine 

@[Sw...] Are you looking at this from my profile?

5/01/23 - .25 mg AM / .375 mg PM = .625 mg
5/29/23 - .25 mg AM / .25 mg PM = .50 mg

So, I went from .625 total to .5 total in May. Then -

5/29/23 - .25 mg AM / .25 mg PM = .50 mg
6/19/23 - .125 mg AM / .25 mg PM = .375 mg

So, from 0.5 to .375 total per day. 

Overall, my dose reduction percentages actually got larger, which is not recommended, but it did work for me.  

I'm definitely experiencing symptoms / side effects, but they aren't so bad that I cannot tolerate them. 

I hope this helps?

Jess

• Like 1

Hi, yes @[Je...] I am very interested in doing 10% reductions weekly which I mostly have been doing. 

I get anxiety, and have some pretty wretched tinnitus(feels like a giant mosquito in my right ear currently), hard to enjoy things, a slew of less bothersome symptoms, but I just want to get off this junk. 

you’re an inspiration to me considering your story. I like your c s Lewis quote 

1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

Yea I see you did 22% reductions. Or larger. That’s impressive. Did you notice any whiplash from it?

Not really. I have to say, though, being on chemo it is sometimes difficult to tell the difference between a withdrawal symptom and a side effect, BUT none of the symptoms / side effects have been bad enough for me to stop tapering or stop treatment.  There were times during my taper that I did hold for long periods of time - it's taken me pretty much three years all told - but I never had to updose. Initially, I just reduced my dose and then did nothing more. It wasn't until this year that I got seriously focused and determined to finish this off.

I'm glad that you note your symptoms are "bothersome" because that's how I qualify them, too. Inconvenient or annoying but I just try not to give them much life, if that makes sense. If I can ignore them, I do. Distraction really helps. (The tinnitus can be super annoying, though!)

Hi @[Sw...]There aren't any definitive rules for when to jump.  It varies from one individual to the next.  I believe Professor Ashton's jump dose recommendation for Klonopin is .025mgs.

I'm sorry you're having tinnitus.  I had that same giant mosquito in my right ear too.  

@[Br...] did your tinnitus improve?

thank you for the hope and the support. 

@[Je...] thank you for your response. It helps to have this community and place to feel understood. Congratulations again for your success in becoming benzo free. I pray the Lord blesses your efforts

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [[B...] said:

أهلاً@[اس...]لا توجد أي قواعد محددة بشأن موعد القفز. ويختلف من فرد إلى آخر. أعتقد أن توصية البروفيسور أشتون بجرعة القفز لـ Klonopin هي 0.025 ملجم.

أنا آسف لأنك تعاني من طنين الأذن. كان لدي نفس البعوضة العملاقة في أذني اليمنى أيضًا.  

How did it last the tinnitus
and did you make cold turkey?

10 hours ago, [[B...] said:

أهلاً@[اس...]لا توجد أي قواعد محددة بشأن موعد القفز. ويختلف من فرد إلى آخر. أعتقد أن توصية البروفيسور أشتون بجرعة القفز لـ Klonopin هي 0.025 ملجم.

أنا آسف لأنك تعاني من طنين الأذن. كان لدي نفس البعوضة العملاقة في أذني اليمنى أيضًا.  

Has the tinnitus gone?

10 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Br...] did your tinnitus improve?

thank you for the hope and the support. 

My tinnitus was one of the last symptoms to go.  I've seen other members report this too.  It's mostly gone (I'm four years out) but shows up when I'm tired and/or stressed. 

16 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I am very interested in doing 10% reductions weekly which I mostly have been doing. 

Your taper rate is faster than we typically suggest.  You've probably discussed this in other threads but your symptoms might be more manageable if you went longer between cuts.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

How did it last the tinnitus
and did you make cold turkey?

Hello @[Ya...]  - My tinnitus lasted about 18 months and gradually faded away almost completely.  As I mentioned above, it was one of the last symptoms to fade away and it still comes back if I'm fatigued or stressed.  I didn't do cold turkey but I did a fast taper of 5 weeks.  

• Like 2