Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I’d need help to check my math

[Id...]

As I tried to explain before I am so traumatized that I stutter and shut down when it comes to talk to this situation. Math about it is in the same situation. 

I’m trying to stabilize following (more or less) schedule 3 on Asthon manual. 

I have access to liquid form 

Ativan is 2,5 mg/ml.
It states 10 drops=1 mg

Diazepam is 5 mg/ml.
It states 25 drops= 1 ml = 5 mg

I take it as if I take 15 drops of Ativan is equivalent to 1,5 mg and for 1,5 mg of Diazepam is 7,5 drops. Is this correct?

Considering that 1 mg of Ativan is equivalent to 10 mg of Diazepam, if, at the end of the day I take 30 drops of Ativan and 25 of Diazepam is it correct to calculate 3 mg A (x 10 mg equivalent of D) and 5 mg of D… so in total (as wrote in the schedule) 35 mg?

Since I have met the information on this forum, more complete than the ones that doctor gave me creating a lot of troubles, I’m trying to stabilize mid journey in my cross switch.

Bonus question, but please indicate if I need to write another post: does anybody experienced pain in correspondence of kidney and liver while introducing Diazepam?

Thanks for your help 

Edited by [Id...]
Spelling

9 hours ago, [[I...] said:

Ativan is 2,5 mg/ml.
It states 10 drops=1 mg

Diazepam is 5 mg/ml.
It states 25 drops= 1 ml = 5 mg

Assuming this prescription information is accurate, your math is correct.

I would recommend asking your ‘bonus question’ within the withdrawal support forum. 

• Like 1

Thanks again @[Fa...], you are my Virgilio, mentor and kind hope here 🙂

Considering that 1 mg of Ativan is equivalent to 10 mg of Diazepam, if, at the end of the day I take 30 drops of Ativan and 25 of Diazepam is it correct to calculate 3 mg A (x 10 mg equivalent of D) and 5 mg of D… so in total (as wrote in the schedule) 35 mg?

Is this the correct way to calculate daily total as in it is calculated in the schedule? (I know 10x is an educated guess)

I didn’t want to bother you but I’d like you to know that situation improved greatly thanks to your contribution (and from every others)

Have a great day or night 

57 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Assuming this prescription information is accurate

I trust the accuracy because they are sold like they sell pills. I understood that unfortunately this is not the case in other countries. 
I’m trying to buy Diazepam in pills to assume less alcohol. Not Ativan because it is a lot more expensive in pills form.

Just for clarity :)

Thanks @[Fa...] and everyone else, for your precious input. 

My plan is to stabilize enough to function the minimum in my out of scale stressful situation (violence).

Schedule 8 would be more similar to reality but a reality I was in when I arrived “here”: in such a wd that I wasn’t even able to create an account in multiple tentatives (my username is nothing clever; is all I was able to type when requested). 

Schedule 3 would be more realistic for having a bit of sleep (which, in my case, is the strongest link to my functionality).

At the moment I’m trying to find a way to take as less as possible for my goal, based on symptoms. I’d really like, need and could use the forum help about it, but at the moment express it is well above my capacity (I would start to bubble emotionally, I tried) :)

A blessed day or night to everyone 

• Like 1

To be more precise:

your input is not only gracious; it’s life saving. Saving lives is what I studied and trained for in more than two decades. I think I can trust what I’m saying;

yesterday was the first day I was able to type coherently at least about math :)

• Like 1

@[Id...] You did very well calculating, and understanding, the math.  I understand the issue with sleep, or lack thereof.  I dose my diazepam once in the evening.  I know English is not your native tongue; however, I hope your stressful situation involving violence is not personal and/or out of hand.  If so, I hope you report the situation to the proper authorities.  

You will need to stave off interdose withdrawal with ativan however, so dosing this medication 3 times per day would be prudent in my opinion.  Wish you well towards your goal of stabilization.  We would be more than happy to assist answering any other questions you may have as you are able and/or when the time arises. 

• Like 1

Thanks @[Fa...] your words means the world to me.
 This forum is the only support I have (my GP doesn’t really believes me or most of all she doesn’t care, but I was strong enough to fill her in at every step of what happened so at least she is ok with prescribing what I need).
Since I was forced ct for days with seizures and all I’ve lost my language property even in my native language. It is not really noticeable most of times now that I have reinstated something, but even when it isn’t I know it’s not me anymore coming from a classic literature standard in my every day language. Also I stutter and shut down when I talk about the motive we are here. 
Yes unfortunately it’s personal and out of hand enough. I’ve talked with lawyers, women shelters and proper authorities (I was lucky enough they were really kind and emphatic once they understood). Problem is I am dealing with a first class sociopath (not that I go around diagnosing people, but when I talk who listen thinks with a normal mindset; which is not what I am dealing with) to be short there are not proof. She fabricated fake ones with lies.  She legally stole my house making false promises to a relative. She also menaced to “throw me to jail” if I speak, for some laws about not defaming people without having proofs. She also has power of attorney on me. Of course I have tried to transfer it to a friend but she will fight over it. She even fabricated proofs to have me detained when I was a teen and there was no reason to, except hurting me, so I know who I am dealing with. My friend on the other hand goes from you drugged yourself; You believe conspiracies over the internet (meaning you and other sources I gave him); you don’t seem so sick just kick it out. It’s all in your mind… Also I live in a building with a squatter that proved himself violent, to which she has access to. But I am not in any shape to battle this legally and alone. 
Sorry this was long but I think it frames it enough. I would need a place secure with someone I trust to permit myself to face hardest parts of wd or simply to fall asleep comfortably. but at this point I came to understand that it is wishful thinking. 

I was feeling hopeful I had two goodish days. Today was horrible. 

Schedule 8 or 3 doesn’t really matters for two motives:

I should give up my Ativan night dose from day one. Which will deprive me of sleep (insomnia is where all started for years ago). I can’t take it now and even if I could I wouldn’t function anymore I have tried 

I have been in brutal wd with close calls for 4 years… violently switched, reduced, cted, without any minimal knowledge (is it what is called kindled? I have lost bits of informations) I am afraid to up so much diazepam. I am afraid that even if I somehow could handle months of insomnia I won’t be myself nor functional for years or more (I ‘m sure you know if not an answer that nobody has at least a misure of how much this fear is found and if it is)

Sorry I went long but it won’t be a good service for anybody to retain vital informations if we are thinking of thinking of a plan 

@[Id...] I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation, and the current circumstances in your life.  Please do stay strong and keep yourself as safe as you are able.  Remember your two recent 'goodish' days.  My belief is one day you will get to the point where you will have more and more 'goodish' days until one day they are mostly good days.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I believe you are accurate regarding your past experiences with psychotropic medications and a now associated 'sensitized' central nervous system.  This condition can stem from a variety of reasons/causes.  However, you are not alone.  I believe most people on this platform would fall into this category unfortunately.  There is still hope - many go on to recover if they are able to remain strong.  Sensibly ridding ourselves of these medications is ideal, and then allowing our brains and bodies time to heal.  The brain is a remarkable, and complex, organ that can heal itself from injuries, and neuroadaptations, caused by psychotropic medications. 

What medications are you currently taking?  What dosages and what times of day?  Is your desire to cross-taper to diazepam and eventually be medication free? 

I just ask these questions as you could slowly start crossing to diazepam - trending towards taking the majority (if not all) of your diazepam dosage in the evening.  Most people are able to only dose diazepam once daily; however, dosing ativan once daily is problematic, and would most likely be causing you further problems and central nervous system sensitization in my opinion.  

• Like 1

Edit: Sorry for the error. She doesn’t have power of attorney over me now. She will have it if I can’t defend myself because of health problems. When I was cted doctors instead of helping threatened me to take away legal rights (they even written this on papers for how idiotic it is). I have accepted I was dying, not to be incarcerated in a pshyc facility with her reign over me. Thanks for your answer I will open a tread for a plan because at the moment I shave none. I’m tired to be strong.  
Thanks again for your honest and full of care answer 

A blissed day or night to everybody :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish I could help the forum helping me better. I lack this capacity now. So I have no other choice than proceed with scattered questions.

Why do, from what I have understood, people stay on a single Diazepam dose during the day even when they suffer so much at so low doses?

I ask @[Fa...] that followed this more and knows about my “being able to sleep to be able to function”, but anybody else of course.

I hope I can do better in future but now typing is difficult because words come out in a difficult order. 

I know this question seems to crash with the point I am in (mid switching) but it makes sense to ask this now for me in my situation that I am not able to explain better. 

Thanks a lot really if someone can help. 
Have a wonderful day or night