Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Memory, please help

[Bi...]

Hello,

I am very scared of not getting my memory back - I'm 19m off and having a bit of a surge of symptoms, I have had moments where a memory will pop back when triggered by things but no floods or memory or anything. I also have epilepsy so am scared that the seizures, with a lot triggered by the withdrawal, will have caused more problems but I am scared I'll never get full short-term memory or long-term memory back.  How long is it often for people to get it back?

Thank you.

Edited by [Bi...]

How long were you on benzodiazepines, I’ve seen members who have been on for decades and expect their memory to return to what it was when they were young, not taking into account that 30 years have passed.  I can certainly understand your concern though, especially with seizure activity.  Has your doctor given you any input?

Have you long has it been since your last dose?

The doctor has not helped as they just don't understand it.

I was on one benzo (clobazam) for 5 months, then changed to clonazepam (klonopin) for 6 or 7months (both for epilepsy). Tapered off for 7months and came off completely in March 2021 - so 19months ago.

I was 29 at the time, 31 now.

Edited by [Bi...]

Well, I can see I was totally off the mark with your situation @[Bi...], I’m sorry.  You mentioned you’re dealing with a surge of symptoms at the moment, has that made your memory problem worse or have they been this bad the whole time?

7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Well, I can see I was totally off the mark with your situation @[Bi...], I’m sorry.  You mentioned you’re dealing with a surge of symptoms at the moment, has that made your memory problem worse or have they been this bad the whole time?

Hello, not to worry. My memory has always been a problem, so it causes me a lot of anxiety. But I've seen posts suggesting people get it back a lot earlier which scares me even more!