Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

face won't stop burning, feels like on fire

[no...]

Hello All

My first time posting here on "BB" and just looking for some advice or answers for some symptoms after cessation.

So I was prescribed Clonazapam LT for troubles stemming from PTSD from previous horror Benzo Withdrawl... I still to this day think back 10 years ago when my first Benzo withdrawal happened & still in disbelief of what transpired..it was "Hell On Earth".   I really thought I was permanately brain damaged from prescribed Opiates & my ownCannabis use.  Nobody including myself knew what was going on.. Drs just wanted to medicate me saying I was depressed & anxious.  I had only been prescribed Klonopin for maybe 6-8 weeks to alleviate the "Opiate Withdrawls" so I didn't think it could be the Benzos & Drs were explaining it would be impossible for the Klonopin to cause what was going on. I did however heal in 2013 amazingly. To think I had almost taken my Life back then over all this makes me sick, and feel sick for others going through that as well. When you don't know whats going on with your body and nobody can help & there is no relief, things get HORRIFIC!! I'm sure all of you know this to well

So Forward to 2019, I had been prescribed antidepressants bc I was stressed and anxious & low energy/mood.  I was on it for a year and stopped CT under advice from another Drs saying it was safe to stop bc I had only been talking for a year.  I started to get symptoms again like ones I was having in Benzo withdrawal.  I thought I was done for & my life was over.  Not sure how I made it throug the next 6 months but I did somehow, I was there put on High Dose of serequel 7 klonoipin again.  I took the meds but was still completely a mess, could n to function, had to quit work & I basically slept for the next year only to wake to eat, use the washroom, and take meds.  In 2021 I stared to feel a little better, I decided to taper myself off the Seroquel by myself with the only symptoms being extreme rage.  I destroyed things in rage then id be fine.. so I made it through somehow! I then tapered myself from 2mg of Klon to 1mg and stayed at that dose until last May.  In June I had to cease care with my Dr bc he was a nut, he's 74 yrs old and I think that man needs to be checked, possibly for dementia. he should retire but won't.  Anyhow he left me high 7 dry and did not even give me enough meds until I found another Dr that month. If I ever see his face Lord help him!!  so I went into withdrawal again and had to ego to emerge.. I was seen as outpatient 2 days later & they reinstated me on a 6 week taper plan, with everyone saying that is is more than enough time to adjust. I started to go into withdrawals 3 weeks ago... Symptoms: severe anxiety, trembling hands & body, face burning & flushing red & purple, severe eye pain, muscle pain & stiffness all over my body. I went back into emergency bc the outpatient Dr closed my file without checking one my state. went back to emergency and was given an appt for tommorw.

surprisingly I feel okay, symptoms now are anxiety for no reason & my face is burning and flushing. all of this experience through the years has left me on disability, financial & family ruin, and unwell!!

ive accepted it for what it is, thank god I have my own safe place to heal.  Im slowly getting into learning music production,  just for something to learn and keep me busy during the day. I thank god I'm not in that state where I feel brain damaged, I think I would end it if I was, I couldn't handle that again..most terrifying experience anyone could imagine that hasn't been through it.

Will The Burning Skin & Flushing & Sweats ever stop? or is this something that would be permanent from this disgusting Med? if someone has a similar experience & could vouch for an outcome please lmk.  Praying for Everyone🙏

Hello @[no...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m so sorry to know you had to go back on the Klonopin, I’m sure its discouraging to be here again.  I take it you didn’t experience burning with your last withdrawal?  Just as your symptoms disappeared last time, they should again.  I didn’t have the burning but I’ve read two or three posts in the last couple of days about members dealing with burning face and chest so you’re in good company.

It’s wonderful you’re using music to help you through this, any tools we can use to distract us are helpful.  We’re glad you found us, please make yourself at home.

Pamster

Hi Pamster

Thanks very much for your reply! and last time I did have some burning but I overlooked it bc other symptoms were much more concerning/intense. comforting to know victims of this broken system can find one another to support a little and give each other insight! I'm It almost brings me tom tears reading others stories, it sickening that Drs are getting away with this. whats it going to take for them to stop?  i reached out to Benzo coalition bc they take donations.  suggested they should pay & run ads on Instagram  for awareness.. seeing how many people are on the app everyday, more people need to be aware before more lives are ruined.  A friend of mine her daughter is having troubles at school with bullying & just other basic things... she was telling me the Dr suggested anti depressants as first line then explained that maybe her daughter would need a small dose of Ativan added when she's a little older. If I could have puked I would have, this topic is touchy for me & makes me angry. That's my rant for the day.. 

Edited by [no...]

@[no...], it breaks my heart to think of young children starting these medications, what is happening to our world, these medications are not making it a better place!! 

it needs to stop

Some of these Dr's should be force fed these Pills to see how it really be. I don't wish harm on anyone!  But if they are harming others & then ignorant of it all...I feel they fully deserve it

Edited by [no...]

The burning face was horrrific for me for a whole year off benzos. I remember this so well. It was shocking 

Thankfully did go away. I remember it very well.  i know.. so bad.

• Like 1

I have this…just put a post in. Red and burning face and neck along with itching and bad tinnitus…it seems unusual but oddly comforting when you know someone else with the same thing despite me not wishing it on anyone

18 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Pamster

Thanks very much for your reply! and last time I did have some burning but I overlooked it bc other symptoms were much more concerning/intense. comforting to know victims of this broken system can find one another to support a little and give each other insight! I'm It almost brings me tom tears reading others stories, it sickening that Drs are getting away with this. whats it going to take for them to stop?  i reached out to Benzo coalition bc they take donations.  suggested they should pay & run ads on Instagram  for awareness.. seeing how many people are on the app everyday, more people need to be aware before more lives are ruined.  A friend of mine her daughter is having troubles at school with bullying & just other basic things... she was telling me the Dr suggested anti depressants as first line then explained that maybe her daughter would need a small dose of Ativan added when she's a little older. If I could have puked I would have, this topic is touchy for me & makes me angry. That's my rant for the day.. 

Notagain I agree with you totally the system is broken through out the world I can look back 10,years now when I came off pregablin I was put on it because I was withdrawing from my first intr to clonazapam I was hospitalised for 3, day s I know now from being on BBB that it was akatsia I couldn't talk I was agitated the doctors in the hospital didn't have a clue and now I'm back in the same position can't believe it I'm so grateful for finding bbb cause there's nothing out there good luck and healing🙏

• 9 months later...
[ma...]

@[no...]How do you feel now? I have a similar symptom of a red face. I look comical - white body and red face Like an alcoholic. Has it passed you by?

Edited by [ma...]