Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Best Diary / Journaling app?

[ob...]

Hi all - I’ve been keeping a journal on and off for tracking my symptoms etc during use/taper/withdrawal - in a spreadsheet! Can anyone suggest a decent journaling app for this purpose? I’m keen to track my mood and symptoms over time, I also like rating my day. Thanks for your help!

Edited by [ob...]
Spelling
  • Like 2

I can’t. I am the worse inattentive person. I used my phone just because I have to keep it close. 
I used “reminder” on iOS so I can add a note at every fluctuation and scroll back and easily see changes in days. 
I add a note checking hour; use a colorful emoji to signal my state (physical, mental); rate a symptom and a different color for medications. 
visually I have everything under my eyes with different colors from hour to hour. Scrolling back in days. It helps immensely.
You can add your rating too
This is what works best for me. 
I need it a lot because I’m trying to see what is better to stabilize before tapering but I hope I can ease the entering soon so it doesn’t become too distracting. 
I trace stressors and goals too (with an emoji too for a better glimpse)
If anybody else has solutions to share it would be useful 

A little edit: duck reminders is really stupid in long term. I switched back to notes (if you want to keep things in your cloud or phone; sharing medical info with noisy apps can make someone feel uneasy). The possibility to scroll back in days in a single page is what I personally find really helpful instead of tracking from multiple pages with this brain 

Edited by [Id...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m currently using Day One private journal. I found it in the App Store. I’m documenting my appetite, my symptoms, and overall mood and anxiety. So far it’s easy.

• Like 2

Tip of the hat for asking a great question, @[ob...].

Daily monitoring of symptoms/functionality is arguably one of the most important aspects of tapering.

You’ve already received excellent input from @[Id...] and @[Ra...].  Here’s hoping many more members share what tools and techniques they are using.

• Like 1

I used moodscope at one point, which was great for tracking mood - you answer a bunch of questions by tapping cards. In about 2 mins you got your mood score. Great daily exercise to do. Sadly it’s now a paid only app. Booooo!

I use Day One as well -app on iPhone.   I post how I am feeling, daily good and not so great experiences, express gratitude, words of encouragement, etc.  it allows me to post photos and positive affirmations.  I plan on making a book of my recovery journal book when I am through - or at least this is the plan - not sure how much of the memories I want to hang onto but most of my journal is self encouragement and positive affirmations.