Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Breathing

[me...]

Hi hope everyone's ok. Does anyone have breathing problems my facial muscles are tight causing my nose to be blocked and headache but I'm gasping for breath all the time could it be lack of exercise or anxiety 

Thanks 🙏

Hello @[me...] - Breathing symptoms like breathlessness, shortness of breath and feeling you can't get a good full breath are common in withdrawal.  It's often referred to as "air hunger" and is thought to be related to anxiety.  I had this too and over time it eased up and went away.

On 22/10/2023 at 02:35, [[m...] said:

Hi hope everyone's ok. Does anyone have breathing problems my facial muscles are tight causing my nose to be blocked and headache but I'm gasping for breath all the time could it be lack of exercise or anxiety 

Thanks 🙏

It sounds like anxiety to me. I've had that problem, too. Something that helped me was getting an oximeter (it goes on your finger to measure blood oxygen levels). When I was feeling anxious and like I couldn't breathe, I would pop it on my finger and see if my blood oxygen saturation level was OK - and it ALWAYS was! That would lower my level of anxiety substantially. 

Hi brighterday and Jessamy. 

Thanks for answering yes 😃 be got an oximeter I think I panic cos I'm in pain too and feel weak I'm not a youngster anymore and been thro the mill a few times  

Thankyou again🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi brighterday and Jessamy. 

Thanks for answering yes 😃 be got an oximeter I think I panic cos I'm in pain too and feel weak I'm not a youngster anymore and been thro the mill a few times  

Thankyou again🙏

@[me...] Pain can DEFINITELY make you feel worse, and if your ribs or chest hurts it can sure make it harder to draw a full breath! I've been through the mill myself! I know what you mean!

:hug:

On 22/10/2023 at 04:35, [[m...] said:

Thanks 🙏

Hello Mermaid. I have chest pain, with heart palpitations, feeling like I can't get a full breath at times. This also happened to me over a year ago when I weaned off of 30mg of oxycodone a 30 mg hydrocodone that I was taking daily. 4 months to wean off, followed by 1 1/2 months of withdrawals. Ice pack on my chest helped tremendously. Relaxes the Vagus Nerve. This is real. I will attach link. Hope u are well. https://psychcentral.com/anxiety/vagus-nerve-cooling-anxiety#the-vagus-nerve