Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

4 months off

[ne...]

Hello @[ne...],

I remember being 4 months off. I was very happy that the acute symptoms had eased up considerably. However, much to my surprise, new symptoms showed up at 4 months off.  I had a lot of muscle pain, nerve pain and burning and a boaty, dizzy feeling as well.  I tried to get up each morning and do a gentle exercise stretching routine. I learned from some of my buddies here about Biofreeze, a topical that can relieve pain. I did use it at times.  Heat and ice were used alternately.  It's important to remember that benzos are efficient muscle relaxers and it takes time for the muscles to learn to relax normally, with out chemical intervention. 

I also started cycling around this time. I started slowly and worked up the miles as the months wore on.  It was great for me to be out in the world, in nature, and not stuck in my oasis (bedroom).  I had ups and downs. As we know, symptoms can wax and wane.  

With time all the muscle issues resolved, as well as other lingering withdrawal symptoms. You are still early off, your system is trying to reset, give it time and it will.

pianogirl :smitten:

• Like 1

I'm about 3 months out right now and still suffering from stiff neck muscles and extreme bags under my eyes that just won't let up. How does the hip pain come on? This is the longest I've made it out without substituting with other gaba-ergics.

Being able to feel again is a blessing. Whether I feel like crap or I feel great this is a big part of why I didn't want to continue.

The ability to remember and create memories is coming back. I have nothing but pictures and vague highlights in my mind of 2 relationships that spanned 4 years of heavy use. Sad.

No more daily ritual of use. Not having to make sure I have benzos with me when I go somewhere for more than 24 hours as well. 

No more blackouts. No more totaled cars. No more lying about being high. No more bloating. 

You can add if you want. These are the things that I don't miss that can along with my benzo use. Nice job at 4months you can do this!

Hello @[bl...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Although it is 20 years ago for me now, I still remember - or, rather, not remember - how my memory was impacted from taking clonazepam. It is not just that it was long time ago - it was always a blur to me. I had no idea of what was happening to me until after I quit.

Yes, memory improves as we get away from out time on these medications. But memories never properly formed cannot return to us. All we can do it try our best to put it all behind us - and this gets easier with time.

• Like 1